My face looks like CRAP!

KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
I almost called in "ugly" today. For some reason, it's become red, tight, and peely. Maybe I should cut back on the acids for a while and try more moisture. Any suggestions?
KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.

Comments

• SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    No suggestions, but you have my sympathy. {{HUGS}}

Winter is here.

Someone told me the other day that my face looks incredibly dry, so I'm back to putting a moisturizer (besides rose hip oil) on it. I'm also putting a moisturizer on soon after the retin-a which seems to have helped;
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    I've heard that the Retin-A can make you dry. Up until now, it's made me look greasy. Maybe that's part of the problem. I dunno. At this point, maybe I should cut back on everything but the moisturizer and add the AHA, Retin-A, and Triluma back gradually to see what my face can tolerate.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    oh can i relate. when i lose my suntan i have to look at pale skin, some blotches, skin damage and wrinkles. i refuse to wear makeup so i guess i am not maximizing my dazzling qualities at age 58 :blackeye:
    i still swear by the burts bees carrot night cream and unpetroleum jelly for eyes and lips and inside nose. the other problem is that i am inside more now recovering from shoulder surgery so i am not getting all the nice outdoor windburn i usually get this time of year. sucks. oh well. this is me. CKL you cannot go wrong with more moisture. good luck--no magic here or youth serum....banjo
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh yeah, over-ambitious use of anti-aging products can catch up with you. I do it occasionally too. Give yourself a day or two to heal while you use nothing but moisturizer. Then add stuff back in slowly.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Oh yeah, over-ambitious use of anti-aging products can catch up with you. I do it occasionally too. Give yourself a day or two to heal while you use nothing but moisturizer. Then add stuff back in slowly.

This is EXACTLY what I've done the past two days. My face was very dry, flaky, and it actually "hurt," in a sensitive sort of way. It didn't look as god-awful as it felt, although I was no raving beauty either. :wink: I've laid off everything but cleanser and moisturizer and it feels soooo much better. I'm going back to Retin-A tonight, but I think I'm only going to do every other night.

Winter sucks in more way than one. BTW Kurly, I'm going to remember "calling in ugly" - I may use it sometime!
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    I might have gotten overagressive with the complexion brush, too. Tonight I washed very gently with my wheat germ cleanser and and put some Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream all over my face. It says it's for chapped cracked fingertips, so I thought it might work.
    KurlyKarenLee

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    I've been rinsing off the DMAE & C Serum after I've worn them for the recommended time. If I don't then my face is too dry. I also like to go every other weekend without products other than cleanser & moisturizer. This little rest period helps my skin respond to them better. I switched to the Castille Cleanser from the Wheat Germ Oil Cleanser. The Castille stings my face. I'm thinking of adding some Wheat Germ Oil to it to make it milder. I also don't cleanse my face in the mornings. I stopped this years ago & it helped my dry skin.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file