Got2B Defiant Define & Shine pomade

generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
Hello Ladies,
I just bought this styling pomade, it is kind of a hair wax, I used this type of pomade before and it worked great for me (I don't know why I stopped using it), I like these pomades better than gels and creams. But since I'm going shampoo-less I would like for you to take a look at the ingredients and tell me if it's CG.
Also I would like to know if anybody has been using it or uses something like this..

Ingredients:
Water, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Oleth-10, Oleth-20, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Silica, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200).

Thaaaaaanksssssss
A Mediterranean 3b lady
In love with my curls, love love love
CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls

Comments

• generositytgenerosityt Posts: 245Registered Users
    Shall I take this topic to going sahmpoo-less? Cause I tried this pomade today and I got great great results so I really would like to know if it is CG so I can keep using it.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    CG since Nov/07

Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.

• LovemylocksLovemylocks Posts: 766Registered Users
    From what I am reading, it is CG friendly!!
    3C s-curls, coils, and corkscrews

TIGI MM, QB AOHC, KCCC, MJ CM, MJ BBC, JC WDT, CD HM, CD MHH, DC OneC, Veg Glyc, and Jojoba oil.

http://members.fotki.com/gypsycurls/

http://www.ratedpink.com

prheart.gif
    yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey thanks a lot. This pomade is gonna be a stamp of mine, the results are amazing, it gave me the hold of gels without the touch of gels (I don't like how my culrs feel with gels), and I've been having great great SECOND DAY HAIR.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    CG since Nov/07

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Would you mind telling how you use it and what's your hair type & length, etc.? It's never crossed my mind that a pomade would have hold like a gel. Now you've got me very curious.

Thanks!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    Can I ask how you use it? How much... how do you put it on your hair... do you use other styling products with it? Sorry I know I ask too many questions
    Noooooooo problem,
    I have very thick 3b hair, a little bit above the shoulder lenght. I use hot six oil; the heaviest oil on the market:), but I'm looking for something lighter since my hair is not that dry anymore with the CG method. I bought this pomade ($5.60) because I read reviews about it that it holds as strong as gels without feeling like gels. I just get it a little bit with my finger, rub in my hands so I can apply it easily then crunch the curls, and didn't touch my hair at all till it was dry.
    It comes in a very small quantity, but now I understand why, I had greasy curls underneath because I used a little bit too much (I was experimenting) and I'm really surprised because the way my hair used to be, it just absorbs anything, it's never too much, sometimes I feel I can pour a whole bottle of oil or anything in my hair and it still feels dry.
    I'll post pictures of my first and second hair day with this pomade, it's really amazing.
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    CG since Nov/07

• su3926su3926 Posts: 50Registered Users
    I love this pomade, its a HG for me. I have 3a hair. I use it when my hair is dry to 'scrunch out the crunch" - it leaves my hair soft and shiny. Honestly, it's a great 'finish' product. it's cheap too (around $4) and I can find it at most drugstores (in canada).
    2c

My HG products: BSRG, HE Totally Twisted Mousse, Burts Bee's green tea condish, Burts Bee's Super Shiney grapefruit condish
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    how is the frizz control?
    Honestly, with my crazy frizzes, the results are not bad at all, it actually controlled my baby hair that is envading the top of my head..
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    CG since Nov/07

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file