Myspace blog

AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So in a recent coming to terms with myself, I realized although I wear my hair curly everyday and am very encouraging with people to wear their hair the way it's supposed to be, I've kept my myspace profile pic up as a pic of me with straight hair. I wrote a myspace blog because I flat don't care anymore if people like my hair better straight (though only shallow guys seem to) and if they don't like it curly, that's how I'm wearing it. I'm not interested in straightening it anymore, and I said so, so if a guy or anyone doesn't like curly hair, they can just learn to deal, it's not my problem anymore! :cheers:

Comments

• neonrainbowneonrainbow Posts: 41Registered Users
    Awesome, way to go!
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    right on.
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had an interesting conversation with my boyfriend the other day. I was telling him about this article (about whether men prefer curly or straight hair). He listened while I recounted the experiences the writer had and even before I got to the main thrust of the article, he said, "I got news for you. Men aren't really looking at hair." (I still disagree with him because I think some really shallow men do care about hair.) But his statement was really the same as what the writer of that article concluded: we project what we believe will be the reaction to our hair, sometimes even provoking that reaction from men in the process. Bottom line is that most men are responding to far more than just our hair and if we place a lot of significance on it, so will they. Better that we worry about respecting ourselves, having fun, and being good people than what our hair looks like!
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • CurlyJoshuaCurlyJoshua Posts: 49Registered Users
    Hell i love curly hair id choose it over straight any day =D
  • ACHACH Posts: 245Registered Users
    My husband recently revealed he's pro-curl even though I was wearing it straight when we met.
    Amy
    2b/3a-ish at times
    http://public.fotki.com/AHopewell1/hair/
    PW hair

Currently using
    Jessicurl HCC
    Aloeba
    CK
    AG Liquid Effects
  • tooj68tooj68 Posts: 471Registered Users
    My DH says the same thing--he loooves curly hair--thinks it is soooo much sexier than straight hair. He says all his friends think culry hair on a woman is exotic and beautiful!!
    3B, with oodles and oodles of curly hair! :toothy7:
    Summer Faves: Devacare NoPoo & OneC, CF High Humidity Gel.
    2nd day hair: Deva Set Me Up pomade & Mr. Right
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair
    Been CG since 2005 and never looked back!
  • BamaCurlyQBamaCurlyQ Posts: 213Registered Users
    I quit fighting my curls after the spring break of my sophomore year in high school (8 yrs ago). I have found that most men DO prefer the curls. The only one that matters, though now, is my husband and he absolutely loves them! Whenever I straighten my hair he begs for me to wash it immediately. He can't get enough of them which is great because going curly is so much easier than trying to straighten all my hair!
    Very Curly and Thick hair.
    3a/b.
    I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

Currently using:

C: Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Smoothing
    S: Ouidad CQ/Pureology Hydrate

LI: AG Fast Food

Stylers: AG Re:coil (super soak), then CIAB and some CHS CK on top.

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
  • JamieVJamieV Posts: 158Registered Users
    Seriously, every guy I know prefers curly or wavy hair! In their words, its more interesting to look at or just more glamorous.
    The #1 reason I decided to go CG was because my husband thinks its way more attractive. (but again, just about every guy I know says the same thing about curls)
    2c thick, heavy waves. Started CG (lo poo) in July '07. before that I straightened it and used hot rollers for years. pw wavy
  • msjananimsjanani Posts: 624Registered Users
    My boyfriend loves curly hair as well. He once said (I think this is SO funny) that curly hair on women is like the comparable thing for goatees on guys--some people like it, some people hate it, but it gives off the air (in theory, at least) of being sort of sexy and dangerous.

That said, I know plenty of guys who aren't interested in curly hair at all, but I think the most important thing to remember is that if a guy doesn't like your hair because it's not straight, he's not worth your time anyway.
    3A low/medium porosity, medium texture

Current products:
    Stylers: HE Tousle Me Softly, Condition 3-in-1 Mousse
    Conditioners: Terax Crema, Mill Creek Botanicals Henna Conditioner
    Cleanser: DevaCurl NoPoo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theevolutionofcurl/
  • The Dark QueenThe Dark Queen Posts: 105Registered Users
    msjanani wrote: »
    That said, I know plenty of guys who aren't interested in curly hair at all, but I think the most important thing to remember is that if a guy doesn't like your hair because it's not straight, he's not worth your time anyway.

Sadly, my boyfriend of nearly 2 years adores me in so many ways, but dislikes my curls :cry: He has long, silky straight hair himself, and prefers my hair straight. I don't think he hates my hair (we've had conversations about it before), but it's just not attractive to him. I will admit, it's hard for me to sport sexy curls all the time -- I'm still learning how to wear the damn things so they don't look like a flat, frizzy mess! :wink: My two previous boyfriends liked my curls. Alas. What can you do, right?
    WHO: Sensitive skin? Visit my Blog for honest reviews. http://sensitivesolutions.blogspot.com
    WHAT: 3a
    WHERE: The Bay Area, California
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The guy I :love5:right now loves my hair. He always tells me how much he likes my curly hair.
  • The Dark QueenThe Dark Queen Posts: 105Registered Users
    The guy I :love5:right now loves my hair. He always tells me how much he likes my curly hair.

You're a lucky woman. Keep him for another night.

But, as both my boyf and I agree, my hair down -- whatever the form -- is better anyday that my hair in what he calls the "dreaded bun." LOL.
    WHO: Sensitive skin? Visit my Blog for honest reviews. http://sensitivesolutions.blogspot.com
    WHAT: 3a
    WHERE: The Bay Area, California
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte

You're a lucky woman. Keep him for another night.

But, as both my boyf and I agree, my hair down -- whatever the form -- is better anyday that my hair in what he calls the "dreaded bun." LOL.

I'll try, but he has no idea that I :love5:him.
  • STiGirlSTiGirl Posts: 5Registered Users
    My old hairstylist was my husband's best friend. Of course whenever she did my hair, she straightened it or blew it out (no matter what I asked for - it was free) - even went as far as chemically straightening it.

Come to find out, now that she's no longer in our lives, my husband HATED my hair straight!!! The old "best friend" AND the straightening iron have been put out to pasture!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file