CurlTalk

Oblong shaped white pill with capital E on it

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
I tried doing a search to figure out what it is, but I've fucking had with my in-laws. Each and every time they come to stay with us, they always leave behind a pill. One time my MIL left a Zyprexa in the family room. The next time she came to visit, she left behind a water pill that's used for high blood pressure (hydrochlorothiazide, I think it was called). She's bipolar and on a lot of different meds. She has felt awful about it whenever it happened and agreed to take her pills in the kitchen for future visits. My SIL also offered to help her mom keep track. Problem is, she's bipolar too and on a bunch of meds.

Anyway, my husband found a baby aspirin two days ago. It turned out to be my SIL's. She apologized profusely and swore she'd be more careful. They left this morning. Guess what I found in the playroom, where my SIL was sleeping? A white pill. I have no idea what it is but I feel sick to my stomach. I just don't think it's safe for them to come and stay with us anymore. And it breaks my heart because my children always look forward to having their nana and auntie visit.

I'm just venting. I don't think there's a solution here that doesn't involve asking them to stay at a hotel. And if you knew my MIL, you'd know that would be like telling her she cannot come visit. :(

Comments

• yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users
    Excedrin, maybe?

Man, that must be really nerve-wracking and scary that people leave pills behind!
    yikes. :(
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    That would upset me too, medussa. Maybe you can talk to her again? Something like, "I already spoke to you about this and it happened again. It's dangerous to leave pills around small children and I really need you to make sure it doesn't happen again." I don't know if it would help.

Good luck. I know what you mean about difficult in-laws.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Holy... :shock:

Do they have any clue how NOT okay that is?!?!?
    Minneapolis, MN
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users
    enjuvia.jpg

Is it this one? That's a really good website.

And the pills laying around freaks me out. Especially with little ones running around.

ETA*

Enjuvia is used for: Treating a variety of symptoms due to menopause (eg, hot flashes; vaginal itching, burning, or dryness). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Any numbers on it?
    Anyone have high blood pressure/clogged arteries?
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

excedrin_extra_strength.jpg
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    excedrin_extra_strength.jpg

That's it, WileE. I called poison control (this is my third time calling them about pills I can't identify) and they had no idea. How did you find it?
  • nextmovenextmove Posts: 686Registered Users
    If possible, get an individual pill dispenser and just for the time she's there, have one pill in each slot for however many pills she has to take. If necessary, you or your husband can set it up for her as the first thing one of you does when she arrives.

I just don't see how they keep winding up all over the place unless she's bringing the entire bottle and dropping some here and there as she tries to get the one out.

And like iris said, have a talk with her one last time.
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    I'd hate to see your relatives banned from the house. Tell them you found another pill and that you need to come up with a different system of taking pills because obviously it's not working. Maybe they can leave all the pills in your room and when they take them you must be present.

Remind your children that it is dangerous and if they find anything that looks like a pill they should come get you immediately and not even touch it. I hope you can work it out.
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    So sorry this is happening, repeatedly! I would agree with one of the suggestions above, perhaps a day-2-day pill case for each day they are there, then the removal of the whole container if that's what they're bringing with them on visits. Perhaps, too, you could ask them to bring their pills into the kitchen, so at least you can keep them consolidated and monitored in one room instead of finding them hither and yon. My mom takes several pills as well, they are all in the bathroom and only once in the last 6 years have I found a pill, actually, my dog found it and not the baby girl.

Ack, I wish there was something I could say to make it better!
    2b/3a.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    I second the idea of pills in the kitchen up high or something where only she or you (or another adult) can get them. Every morning or before bed, just ask her to take the pills there in the kitchen.
    Come to think of it, none of these pills would taste very good, so I'm pretty certain my 3 year-old would spit it out. I tried giving her grape flavored Claritin this afternoon and she threw up immediately. I will have a talk with her about "yucky things that look like candy but are not." I'll also have a talk with SIL about the second pill I found. Ironically, my MIL didn't lose any pills this time. It was my 45 year-old SIL. You'd think she would have been extra careful after we found her baby aspirin on Saturday. :banghead:

Thanks for the support and suggestions.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Damn how scary! I wouldn't have them over for awhile. It sounds to me like they have already been made aware of this issue, and since they are still being careless I wouldn't have them over for awhile until you are sure they have made real changes.
  • PhDCowPhDCow Posts: 1,621Registered Users
    How scary for you!

I keep my pills on the top shelf of a cabinet in the kitchen. I do use a weekly pill sorter (what? I'm old!) so I'm extra careful.
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    hey - weekly pill counters are not for the old! My mom (a young and energetic 51) uses one because she has a TON of pills to take - supplements and hormones and what-not.

My dad (a spritely 53 year old) also uses one because he has lots of pills to take too - but he travels a lot and you have to have the original bottle, so he doesn't use it as often.
    I can't recall why she won't use a pill sorter. I suggested it.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    sorry this keeps happening i'd be a little ticked to. I'd try to talk to them again.
    medussa wrote:
    I can't recall why she won't use a pill sorter. I suggested it.
    She doesn't want to admit she's old?!
    I kid....lol

The w/s I think was the same the RCW posted..
    0004.gif

Thanks WileE. I tried entering the description, but I didn't get that pill as a possibility. How did you do the search? Thanks.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    Effexor?

I'm just throwing that out there, because my friend is bi-polar and she takes that.

ETA: NM, Effexor apaprently has a W on it usually. I found exedrin es here:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drugs.com%2Fimprints%2Fe-4411.html" class="Popup
    H~
    I put in E for imprint.
    Then oblong for shape.
    Then white for color.
    Now it was on page 6 due to the possibilities of pics and only E for imprint.
    Hope that makes sense.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.drugs.com%2Fimprints.php%3Faction%3Dsearch%26amp%3Bimprint%3DE%26amp%3Bcolor%3D12%26amp%3Bshape%3D19%26amp%3Bstart%3D50" class="Popup
    or sheer luck...

0004.gif

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    So sorry this is happening, repeatedly! I would agree with one of the suggestions above, perhaps a day-2-day pill case for each day they are there, then the removal of the whole container if that's what they're bringing with them on visits. Perhaps, too, you could ask them to bring their pills into the kitchen, so at least you can keep them consolidated and monitored in one room instead of finding them hither and yon. My mom takes several pills as well, they are all in the bathroom and only once in the last 6 years have I found a pill, actually, my dog found it and not the baby girl.

Ack, I wish there was something I could say to make it better!

Or maybe build a little window in your kitchen and dole them out personally like Nurse Ratchett.

Seriously, I think I would tell them if they can't keep up with their pills, they need to check into a hotel where it won't matter if they lose them.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    :laughing9: :laughing9: You're right, I'm a control freak, can ya tell?

ETA: I was thinking what I would do if it were my mother, because there is no way I'd be able to tell her to stay at a hotel, instead I would be "busy" with lots of suggestions to help her keep track of her pills.
    2b/3a.
    Nurse_Ratched.jpg
    0004.gif

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users

Wow, Wylie, you're fast! :laughing9:
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.