recs for curl enhancing salon products

rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
Hey guys, I'm trying modified CG again (I went back to shampoo/condish and cones recently) and need recs for shampoos, condishes, and products for enhancement of waves that you can get at a salon (since I work at one LOL).....any and everything you can tell me will help!

A few things about me....I have VERY sensitive skin/scalp issues.....when I was CO my hair shed a lot, I flaked and itched like crazy. Now that I don't (and I can't go any time between washes either or the same thing happens) I don't flake hardly at all, don't shed hardly either, and itch just occasionally. Right now I use Redken color express but it has cones in it...thought about the redken body full since it DOESN'T have cones and I can't get the fresh curls. I'd LOVE to try that though....sigh......Today I broke out the jessicurl I had, mixed the GL shampoo in an applicator bottle with a little Suave clarifying shampoo I had on hand to clarify and diluted it to shampoo/clarify, then used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]aloeba[/buylink]/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Too-Shea-Extra-Moisturizing-Conditioner-p-105.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-too-shea-extra-moisturizing-conditioner]too shea[/buylink] for condish, and my PM round trip for curl defining. I'm going in the bathroom in a few to diffuse.

Btw, if there are products on nc.com that are more enhancing than anything you tried, I'm willing to try out those recs too!

TIA!!!!! :)
Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
Low poo: looking
COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
RO: varies
Protein: CJCF or CJRM
DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
LI: varies, usually KCKT
Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    forgot to add I do color my hair once every month or two as well....so anything to help with fading is good too! :)
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The Redken Fresh Curls line is very curl enhancing.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    My HG for curls is Sebastion Hi Contrast gel, it gives me the best curls, all the time.
    2b/3a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file