Itchy Dandruff :(

funkediscofunkedisco Posts: 130Registered Users
So I've been CG for maybe a little over a week and the front of my scalp, near my forehead has gotten really itchy and flaky. I tend to get dandruff just in this area when the weather changes, I'm stressed or eating too much white starchy stuff. All of the above have occurred recently.

Well, I tried to just let it be for a few days so as not stray from being a new CG. After 3 days the dandruff was just spreading and itching LIKE CRAZY so I poo'd with Selsun Blue but just applied it to the part of my scalp that was irritated. OH! It felt so good! I have done it for about three days and my scalp is clearing up well.

But my question is...should I have waited longer? Maybe I was getting flaky cause my scalp is healing? Anyone out there struggled with something similar?
2a-3a
Modified CG
Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It takes 3 - 6 weeks for your scalp and hair to adjust to the CG routine. Since you are a wavy, you might need to use a gentle shampoo once a week or so. On the other days be sure to water wash, scrub/massage your scalp with your fingertips, and then rinse well before applying conditioner and styling products. Usually going CG will clear up itchy dandruff, unless you use a product that irritates your scalp. Also, be sure that your conditioner and styling products don't have silicones, unless you do shampoo now and then. HTH.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file