A good curly enhancement, for once...

SalsalitSalsalit Posts: 41Registered Users
I love TLC's show What Not To Wear. They don't just do makeovers- they enhance the woman's natural good looks and her personal style.

For the third time, I saw them work with a curly-haired woman. I was a little afraid that the hair guy would straighten her hair, but he didn't. Instead, he just trimmed off the damaged ends, added layers and shaping, and used conditioner, a bit of product, a diffuser, and some scrunching to enhance her natural curls. Her hair was even curlier than before, but with no ironing, and she looked gorgeous.
"There is such a thing as natural beauty, but every woman needs a little help to bring it out."

Comments

• ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    It's good to know that not ALL TV stylists are totally anti curl.
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• SalsalitSalsalit Posts: 41Registered Users
    Not only that one, but with the first two curly haired women I saw, the stylist taught them how to style their hair naturally curly. The first woman learned how to use clips to lift her curls on top. The second one learned to use product and define her curls with her fingers. Neither one had to use any appliances except for a diffuser. Both women came out looking wonderful with beautiful natural curls.
    "There is such a thing as natural beauty, but every woman needs a little help to bring it out."
  • DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Nick Arrojo is great with the curly's. He's a Curly Guy himself, so he knows how to work with the curl and not against it. Not that I'm saying he hasn't royally f'd up hair on the show, but he tends to work with curls and not cop out and straighten everyone.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • butterflyPrincess777butterflyPrincess777 Posts: 350Registered Users
    ya it's cause he understands ;)
    Was 3b then I did a soft relaxer and I think I'm now a 3a
    pw: curly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file