Garnier Soft Curl Cream???? crosspost 3c

ms_iselams_isela Posts: 119Registered Users
I have had GFSCC in my cabinet for a while and pulled it out to finish it, so i wouldnt feel guilty buying a new product, while still having half used products, so I co-washed, then mixed avacado oil w/wild hair growth oil (as leave in), then put GFSCC on top, let air dry and fell in love, it gave me 4th day hair, sooooo soft, not greasy, sticky or producty, but with a good hold (don't have pics yet)....

I would like to get some reviews on this product, I have searched almost this whole forum, and can't find too much info, on other curlies that have used it or that use it now...can anyone give me any reviews, likes and dislikes, how you use it, and with what other products?? I am about to wash, henna, and DT until morning, then I will re-apply and see if I get the same affects.
Hair loves:
VO5 Free Me Freesia
Sheamoisture Products
Curls for Target brand
L.A Looks Curls Mega Hold Gel (occasionally)
Aloe, oils, butters, Henna/Indigo
Curly fros, braid outs, twists, twist outs & puffs.

Check me out on YouTube :occasion7:
http://www.youtube.com/user/SOPHISTICATEDMMAMA?feature=mhum

http://public.fotki.com/SophisticatedMama/

Stop buying things we don’t need, with money we don’t have, to impress people we don’t like!!! Adrian Rogers

Comments

• mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    This product works GREAT on my daughter's hair (one is 3b, the other 2b) but with ME... not so much. It gives me a huge fro LOL

:afro:
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used it faithfully for quite a while (a year or two ago) with decent results. It was actually an HG for a while, because it gave me consistently good hair days. The only draw back is that it contains a cone (i think...) and build-up was always on the horizon. It also weighed my hair down and made it kinda stiff and waxy feeling...but during that time in my natural journey, I wanted a heavier product. I wouldn't use it now...but it was okay.
  • ms_iselams_isela Posts: 119Registered Users
    Thanks for your replies, I henna'd, and DT'd all weekend, and after I was done, I used the WGO/Avo oil, and the GFSCC on top, let air dry, and im still in love, it is sooo soft, and it moves, kind of fluffy, but heavy if that makes any sense, I also have similar texture hair like your CN, and it seems like it looks like yours while on SM, fluffy shiny, lite hold... I think you have to emulsify the GFSCC really good in your hands before you put it on your hair, it makes it kind of liquidy, and you only need a little, like I use a nickel size amount per section of hair (6 sections).. I will definately work on getting pictures up very soon, my camera is out of commission until this weekend.. Thanks Ladies, I think this will be one of my staples for now, plus it is sooo cheap, it seems like there is a coupon in every Sunday paper :bounce:
    Hair loves:
    VO5 Free Me Freesia
    Sheamoisture Products
    Curls for Target brand
    L.A Looks Curls Mega Hold Gel (occasionally)
    Aloe, oils, butters, Henna/Indigo
    Curly fros, braid outs, twists, twist outs & puffs.

Check me out on YouTube :occasion7:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SOPHISTICATEDMMAMA?feature=mhum

http://public.fotki.com/SophisticatedMama/

Stop buying things we don’t need, with money we don’t have, to impress people we don’t like!!! Adrian Rogers
  • foxycus02foxycus02 Posts: 918Registered Users
    I used it before and I like it. However I liked it mainly for styled coils. It was great for that. I never used it on a daily basis. I dont know if it was buildup or that an ingredient in this was a bit drying. But consistent use made my hair feel a bit rough.

rockin' to the tune of her own beat...

comic-p.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file