Need some after shower routine input

swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
What's your routine with styling products once you get out of the shower?

Do you use a wide tooth comb to comb your styling product through soaking wet hair? Or do you just kind of scrunch it in with your fingers?

I'm struggling because if I use a comb it pulls my wave/curl out and I can't seem to get it back... but if I don't use one the hair on my crown falls into all these weird patterns. Meaning, my hair doesn't sit right at the roots.
Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
Styling: Biolage Gelee

Comments

• earcmraearcmra Posts: 146Registered Users
    I scrunch my products into wet hair while in the shower. When I get out I use my fingers to try and move the curls around so that the weird parts on top aren't too crazy. I don't comb it though. I move the curls in clumps. I can usually get things re-arranged well enough that it looks okay when it dries. Maybe you could try that.
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    Thanks earcmra, I'll give it a go. I'm assuming you put the products into soaking wet hair? And do you do any gentle towel drying?

BTW, just realized I probably shouldn't have posted this in the Product Review section... Sorry, wasn't paying attention!
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    I apply my products right in the shower. I apply some upright then flip upside down and apply more. Depending on how easy the product is to distribute i may finger comb through. I then scrunch some of the water out (i am still in the shower) Usually i plop for 15 or so minutes but if i am going right to drying i scrunch with a curleaze towel (birds eye cotton) before i start diffusing. HTH
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
  • earcmraearcmra Posts: 146Registered Users
    Yep, I scrunch the products into sopping wet hair. Then I scrunch a bit with my hands so that it is no longer dripping. Then I get out of the shower, look in the mirror and re-arrange some of the clumps. Once that is done I scunch with a towel and then (sometimes) diffuse a bit.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a mirror suction cupped to the shower wall and do almost everything there. Exception: if I plop, after plopping I apply gel out of the shower.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    Thanks everyone! So it seems like the majority vote is products into soaking wet hair but no using an actual comb to comb it through. Just scrunch. Ok, I'm gonna give it a try!
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I comb my product through my hair, but keep in mind that I don't like big clumps. If you want fatter clumps, combing will break them up a bit.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file