What Books Have You Read That Was A Waste.....

msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
of your time? I read Love Like That by Amanda Hill and I give it two thumbs down.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• papayahedpapayahed Registered Users Posts: 1,282
    Orlando by Virginia Woolf, what a waste of paper.
  • AsjaChyldAsjaChyld Registered Users Posts: 111
    A Patchwork Planet - Anne Tyler
    Ugh....it was like a bestseller or something....why? WHY? The whole time I sat thinking..."it will get good....right...about....well...maybe next chapter?...maybe..?" I got to the end of the book and was disgusted with myself.
    Asja
    Hair:
    4A (some 3C-ish in front)
    Thick, coarse, & UTTERLY unruly
    Hair Album: http://public.fotki.com/asjachyld
    Password: ncgirl Latest Pics: Nov 05
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Registered Users Posts: 821
    Confessions of a Video Vixen

Karrine Steffans memoir. I'm a little pissy about making her pockets fatter. :evil:
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Registered Users Posts: 104
    Curlilocs wrote:

Karrine Steffans memoir. I'm a little pissy about making her pockets fatter. :evil:

I read that too. One of the worst books I've read in years!
    Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
  • Rastacurl RevisitedRastacurl Revisited Registered Users Posts: 104
    He's Just Not That Into You is a load of crapola as well.
    Supernappy, superbad, "when are you gonna put a relaxer up in that mess?"shrinking breaking TYPE 5 hair that - against all the odds - is growing quite long :)
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Registered Users Posts: 370
    Frankenstein That was torture to read. After reading that, I don't blame the moviemakers for completely changing the movies!
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • starinastarina Registered Users Posts: 665 Curl Neophyte
    I remember wading (pun intended) through "Moby Dick" because it's classic literature, and I thought I would expand my horizons. That has to be the dullest, most incomprehensible book ever! On the other hand, there are classics I've read that were fantastic, such as "Jane Eyre."
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • LayaliLayali Registered Users Posts: 561 Curl Connoisseur
    The Harry Potter books :oops:

For me they just pale in comparison to the Chronicles of Narnia.
    naturally 3b/3c

Explanation by the tongue makes most things clear, but love unexplained is clearer. ~ Rumi
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Registered Users Posts: 1,012
    Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut - WTF!?! also, The Chosen by Chaim Potok. B-O-R-I-N-G! These are the only two books i've read in my life that I actually DESPISED with a passion :twisted:
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • heatwaveheatwave Registered Users Posts: 3
    Just read Lifeguard - James Patterson. Could not put it down. Finished it in 2 days. Loved it! Also read True Believer - Nicholas Sparks. Snore! Very boring. I just rented "The Notebook" on DVD and thought it was such a beautiful love story that I would start reading Nicholas Sparks books. Don't get True Believer unless you are having trouble sleeping.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    Angels and Demons. :roll:
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • JoshGroban'sRockin'CurlsJoshGroban'sRockin'Curls Registered Users Posts: 54
    Brave New World! Ugh! And to think that the frekin' school board has it down for Junior English! Classic my butt! All I could think of when reading that book was, "Yeah, right." or "Ew. Too Much Information."
    CurlyCarli

Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll still be among the stars.
    -Unknown
  • CurlGirl1994CurlGirl1994 Registered Users Posts: 1
    oh my god this has to be the worst most stupid book on the face of the earth! ugh. a stupid girl hates her curls and keeps straightening them, and only then do all the guys notice her. it could really ruin my self esteem if i wasnt so tough. lol.
    The girl with the curl, me.
  • lockigelockige Registered Users Posts: 5
    Grammar books are definitely not a waste of one's time.

But I can't really say what book I've read that was a waste of my time
    or even what books I've read that were a waste of my time, although I definitely thought that The Scarlet Letter and also Moby D1ck were overrated.
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
  • shellynotshellynot Registered Users Posts: 1,140
    dandelion wine by ray bradbury...really, why is it a required read for high school students? I just don't understand. also, silas marner. ug. maybe i just don't like books that I have to read instead of choose to read...hmm...
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    I just don't finish books that don't shape up into something worthwhile in the first 100 pages. :D

SOOOOO many books, WAAAAY too little time to waste reading a book that doesn't grab me relatively early on.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • x3Tinax3Tina Registered Users Posts: 77
    lockige wrote:
    Grammar books are definitely not a waste of one's time.

But I can't really say what book I've read that was a waste of my time
    or even what books I've read that were a waste of my time, although I definitely thought that The Scarlet Letter and also Moby D1ck were overrated.

I disagree. I'm enjoying the Scarlet Letter. Once you finish the Custom House introductory pages, the book does get better. I found The Scarlet Letter to be written expertly so far.
    ~Tina
    P/w: curls
  • TriniCurlyGirlTriniCurlyGirl Registered Users Posts: 24
    Curlilocs wrote:

Amen to that! I cannot believe I bought that book. I just kept seeing her all over t.v and was curious about her story.
  • July@[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 1
    The Winshaw family, di J. Coe...and I read it till last word 42.gif
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Registered Users Posts: 994
    I will usually choke down a book to the last page, but after 3 attempts and lending it to a friend to attempt....A Prayer for Owen Meany will be on the table at the next yard sale. Yawn.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • three rivers curlythree rivers curly Registered Users Posts: 994
    I will usually choke down a book to the last page, but after 3 attempts and lending it to a friend to attempt....A Prayer for Owen Meany will be on the table at the next yard sale. Yawn.
    Better everyone think your a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Perception is not reality.

http://public.fotki.com/hmiklos
  • coconutlimecoconutlime Registered Users Posts: 14
    Da Vinci Code. Stupid.
  • curlykristincurlykristin Registered Users Posts: 63 Curl Connoisseur
    Digital Fortress by Dan Brown
    -this book is the reason i refuse to read the Da Vinci Code
    :sunny:3B- anywhere from sidewalk chalk to straw sized! High Porosity and fine, low density

Day 1
    Shea moisture high porosity cowash
    shea moisture coconut and hibiscus curl conditioner 
    KCCC
    DevaCurl Frizz Free Foam

Day 2
    spritz with oil wonders volume rose conditioner diluted with water and rescrunch
    one squirt of frizz free foam

Deep Treatment:
    Shea Moisture High Porosity masque
    aphogee keratin and green tea protein spray

Currently in recovery from too much bleach and chronic heat styling. 
  • NatakueNatakue Registered Users Posts: 319
    imperial earth!! uggh! i hated it! and i remeber being so pissed while reading it because i knew it sucked, but i had already put so much time into it (begrudgingly) that i didn't want to have been wasted...so i finished it. if i didn't feel morally opposed to burning books, this would've been the first on my list. why? why? why did you suck so bad? :lol:

now i'm "reading" catch-22 but not consistently, but i'm starting to get a similar feeling...i hope i don't end up not liking it... :(
    a crazy 4a/3c mix
    o/s; thin; thready/cottony?
    http://public.fotki.com/natakue/
  • iris427iris427 Registered Users Posts: 6,002
    Some that come to mind are:

The Historian (Elizabeth Kostova)
    The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (can't remember the author)
    The Namesake (Jhumpa Lahiri)
    Good in Bed (Jennifer Weiner)
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • SmithsGirlSmithsGirl Registered Users Posts: 100
    I hear ya on "Good in Bed!" Ugh. Add "Bridget Jones' Diary" and "Jemima J" to the pile.

I'm about ready to give up on the whole "chick lit" genre in general. The quality of the writing is so poor and the plots are so predictable. I started "Conversations with the Fat Girl" by Liza Palmer and I don't think I'm going to finish it.

Comparing that book to the last good book I read ("The Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood) makes me realize I need to spend my precious time on more worthwhile books.
    "In the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

formerly jodib70
    3a/3b, baby fine; growth goal: bra strap length.
  • NatakueNatakue Registered Users Posts: 319
    ooh, i read the blind assassin, i liked it too! my friend loves all of margaret atwood's books...maybe she's on to something...
    a crazy 4a/3c mix
    o/s; thin; thready/cottony?
    http://public.fotki.com/natakue/
  • razicellirazicelli Registered Users Posts: 139
    True Believer was my first and LAST Nicolas Sparks book. Read it for my neighborhood book club. Snororama! I like to finish the books I start, but would have easily NOT finished it were it not for the book club.

I felt absolutely NOTHING for the main characters. Can u believe he has a sequel to this load of crud (At First Sight)!

No Thanks!
    pw: wavehead
    3a/3b, 2b underneath M/Ciii, coarse crown
    HG: CK
    Currently BRHG, SIF
  • nepanthenepanthe Registered Users Posts: 292
    Curlilocs wrote:

I read this one too. I hated it. THe thing that pisses me off is that she is still working her 10 minutes of fame. I wish she would go somewhere and sit down. Besides, I wanted to read "dirt", otherwise why put out a book. :!:

Also Laurell Hamilton--Anita Black the Vampire Huntress book--Incubus Dreams--this book was a complete waste of 7.95. I gave this book to my sister who also likes these kind of books, she thought it was awful. I am not reading another one of her books again. Yes to me this book was that bad. :twisted:

I gave up on chick lit. I read so many of those books it is pathetic
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Registered Users Posts: 370
    To Kill A Mockingbird is WAY overrated. :(
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file