Spinoff /poll: if your mate's habits make you nuts....

SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
So everyone's mate has some strange habits that annoy you. What do you do?

My BF and I have been together for a long time and know each other's quirks, so most of the annoyances we have learned to live with and mostly shrug off. We still have a few "hot buttons" that can cause arguments. How about you?
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I deal with it - no point fighting or trying to change him. And sometimes these traits can be assets, and the good far, far outweighs the bad with him, so I look at the big picture.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I have many more annoying habits than he does, so I think I can afford to let his slide without comment.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • mazeymazey Posts: 709Registered Users
    Amneris wrote:
    I deal with it - no point fighting or trying to change him. And sometimes these traits can be assets, and the good far, far outweighs the bad with him, so I look at the big picture.

I agree. Luckily dh doesn’t have any really obnoxious habits, and even if he did we lived together before we got married, so there were no surprises. Nobody is perfect and we all have our little quirks and bad habits.
    Madonna getting upset with her daughter for dressing too slutty is like Mr. T getting upset with his son for pitying too many fools.
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I live with it. We both have our annoyances with each other. I knew going into the relationship that he was habitually late, and of course sometimes it gets on my last nerve, but that's just part of him and I accept it. There's plenty more good things going on to counteract that bad habit.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
  • dia99dia99 Posts: 1,998Registered Users
    For the one I listed on the thread - the only really important one, imo - I have had to ask him to change in some aspects of it. For instance, we ended up paying back a $5,000 credit card he took out for his mom because she promised she would pay it back and he believed her. She ended up paying us $150 per month after it was already on his (our now) credit for nonpayment. We never got the full amount back, but it's his mom. :?

We ended up paying thousands of dollars when his roommates left without paying gigantic phone, cable, electric, and other bills because DaNa let it slide month after month because he felt sorry for them and believed their woe is me stories (while I found it disgusting they were coming home with shopping bags but not paying their bills). I eventually had to get legal with them to get them to pay it ALL back.

I think when it is simple stuff like not replacing the soap in the shower you can let it slide. Even him being trusting of people and talking to them or whatever when I don't think they're worth my breath is fine. But, when it goes to the point of affecting finances or long-term conditions, some changes need to occur in actions even if not in attitudes. Especially when I am the one who has to go behind and fix things because his nice nature also makes it difficult for him to be firm with people unless he's really, really pissed.

And these are just two examples - I have lots of less expensive ones. :cry:
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file