Ecostyler & Proclaim Gel Users-Methylparaben Ingredient?

curlywifecurlywife Posts: 198Registered Users
Hello CurlyLadies,
I have a question for you all. I was using the Proclaim hair gel and it was great. However after researching all of the ingredients in this gel, I discovered some incredible bad news about methylparaben. Research has indicated that this ingredient has caused cancer. I found this information on the motowngirl website and from different sites on the internet. Of course, this made me very nervous about using this product.

My question is do you ladies feel that it is safe to continue using hair gels with this ingredient or should I back off? I really don't know much about using bad ingredients in a hair gel and its effects. Thanks Curlies!!
4a-Cute, Coily, Curly Afro When Dry
DT-Aubrey Organics White Camellia & Yes to Cucumbers
Moisturizer-Oyin Shea butter & Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade (my new love)

Comments

• HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
    Yeah all parabens are in the same ship as methyl, but there's not much you can do about it unless you decide to go completely organic and natural with your products. Tons of things have parabens in them. Not just your hair stuff. I think even some food products have them. It's a hard battle to fight. I just try to be a little more conscious when I'm going through the ingredients list, but some products I really do have to use so there's not much I can do about it.
    Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in
    http://public.fotki.com/MsHeatherNicole/

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn