In Australia, Sebastian 'Wet' Gel, the best!

CarlizaCarliza Posts: 5Registered Users
I'm in Aus and the ONLY gel that I have found that is brilliant in my hair everytime and over a long time is "Wet" by Sebastian. I have tried numerous products, and still do when I see something new, but I always go back to Wet. It is light, easy to apply and it makes my hair feel soft. I find a lot of hair stuff either makes my hair feel dried out ( too much aclohol?) or sticky or not moving at all. Wet gives my curls definition and my hair still feesl nice with it in. It's only available at hairdressers and is about $26 a bottle but a bottle lasts me about 6 months. I recommend it to every CG I meet!
Hallo, My name is Inigo Montoya....

Comments

• msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Carliza wrote:
    I'm in Aus and the ONLY gel that I have found that is brilliant in my hair everytime and over a long time is "Wet" by Sebastian. I have tried numerous products, and still do when I see something new, but I always go back to Wet. It is light, easy to apply and it makes my hair feel soft. I find a lot of hair stuff either makes my hair feel dried out ( too much aclohol?) or sticky or not moving at all. Wet gives my curls definition and my hair still feesl nice with it in. It's only available at hairdressers and is about $26 a bottle but a bottle lasts me about 6 months. I recommend it to every CG I meet!

What is your hair type? I have some "Wet" but I haven't tried it yet. I need a fairly strong hold and I'm afraid it won't do it. I do love Sebastian Texturizer, though (yes, it does have some cones).
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CarlizaCarliza Posts: 5Registered Users
    Wow, just looked at your photos and you have great hair! I love those bigger open bouncy curls!

I am a corkscrew girl, more 3b but some 3a. The thing I like most about Wet is that it's really light in my hair as I have very fine, frizzy hair when I have nothing in it.(When I dressed in costume and needed an afro, I just brushed it and I didn't need to add any product to have it stay!) It dries without any help in about 5-10mins, especially here where we have dry, hot and windy conditions for most of the year.

My sis has softer curls, more a 2b and she uses the Texturizer also. She does use Wet but she fiddles with her hair more so I don't know what it would actually look like if she styled her curls and left it!! On ONE occasion she let me do it for the hair at the back that was looking crap and it definitely did curl a lot more, so it might be worth a try for you??

Good luck!
    Thank you very much for the compliment! Well, I have the "Wet" just sitting under my cabinet, so I might as well try it. If I didn't already have a gazillion products, I probably would have noticed it and tried it by now. If it doesn't turn out, ponytails are a wonderful thing, right? :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    I was curious about the hold factor... is it hard or medium? Is this gel cg? If you could list whats in it that would be awesome! My plan is to try and layer that Aruba Aloe gel with something that has more hold. Thanks!
  • CarlizaCarliza Posts: 5Registered Users
    I was curious about the hold factor... is it hard or medium? Is this gel cg? If you could list whats in it that would be awesome! My plan is to try and layer that Aruba Aloe gel with something that has more hold. Thanks!

According to the bottle it's a 'slick hold gel', whatever that means! Directions are simply to "add to damp hair. Comb in place for gelled-back look or scrunch into hair for defined texture. Air or blow dry."

Sorry I can't list ingredients as the bottle comes in a box which I threw out but on bottle is company website www.sebastian-intl.com which may be worth checking out? I haven't so can't tell you what's there.

Cheers.

I still have my box with the ingredients. Personally, I don't think it's a hard enough hold to layer with the Aruba Aloe Gel, but you never know. I still haven't tried the "Wet" yet --- maybe this weekend.

Water, Polyquarternium-11, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Ceteareth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Steapyrium Chloride, Citric Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Butylparaben, Isubutylparaben, Propylparaben.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I finally tried the "Wet" and I think I really like it. I have soft curls and no crunchiness, but it still seems to have enough hold. I think it will be great for cold, dry days, but I'm not sure how the hold would be on rainy days or in high humidity. We shall see.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Posts: 1,340Registered Users
    I saw a knock off version of this gel at Sally's has anyone tried it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file