spinoff: how many of you have dressed up as harry potter?

itsjustmeghanitsjustmeghan Registered Users Posts: 652
this was inspired by NetG saying she might dress up as harry for a concert the night the book came out...
i'm just curious...how many of you have dressed up as harry potter?
i did when i was in college...i think i was 22. right around book 4 (my FAVORITE book)
i studied everything. had the cape, the hogwarts colors, the wand, the scar, the tape on the glasses (prior to them being fixed of course), extra freckles...and my hair was shorter...so it was PERFECT for it..very all over the place. i thought noone would really know who i was when i went to the college aged halloween party.
i think it was one of my best costumes! everyone commented on it! everyone loved it!

so i'm curious...how many of you have potter costumes in your closet?
how old were you? and was it well received?
3A Once again on the quest for BSL healthy curly hair....
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• nadra24nadra24 Registered Users Posts: 72
    I went to a Harry Potter party once when I was in college, and I dressed up as the Golden Snitch. (wore a yellow shirt and a headband that had little wings on it) My roommate dressed up as Moaning Myrtle, and wore a skirt made out of toilet paper. It was great.
  • JoshGroban'sRockin'CurlsJoshGroban'sRockin'Curls Registered Users Posts: 54
    I actually tried to send in an application to Hogwarts! Yes, I know I have issues and have trouble distinguishing between reality and fiction, but keep inmind I also would play Animorphs. Besides I was like ten when the first one came out.
    CurlyCarli

Shoot for the moon and even if you miss you'll still be among the stars.
    -Unknown
  • NetGNetG Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    nadra24 wrote:
    I went to a Harry Potter party once when I was in college, and I dressed up as the Golden Snitch. (wore a yellow shirt and a headband that had little wings on it) My roommate dressed up as Moaning Myrtle, and wore a skirt made out of toilet paper. It was great.

That's awesome!

In 2003 I was Hermione for Halloween. The one time in my life I brushed my hair after it was dry and it didn't want to frizz, so I ended up having to use hairspray to get the frizz look going! My mom knit me a scarf the day before, which I still have, too!
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file