spray detangler suggestions?

KyCurlyKyCurly Posts: 4Registered Users
Does anyone have suggestions for a good spray detangler for use after the shower and/or on dry hair? I used Aveda Styling Curessence for years and years but it is now discontinued!!!!!!
I have tried a few from local drugstores (V05, Thermasilk) and none of them give my hair enough slip that I can get the knots out.
Thanks for the suggestions!
Type 3A

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • KyCurlyKyCurly Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thank you for the suggestions. Are these detanglers you use on a daily basis or just when needed? Unfortunately my hair gets tangled easily so I have to use something every time I style my hair or I have a mess of knots.
    I want to try the CG routine again but last time I did it made the knots worse.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    KyCurly wrote:
    Does anyone have suggestions for a good spray detangler for use after the shower and/or on dry hair? I used Aveda Styling Curessence for years and years but it is now discontinued!!!!!!
    I have tried a few from local drugstores (V05, Thermasilk) and none of them give my hair enough slip that I can get the knots out.
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    Type 3A

Have you ever considered using a cream leave-in, rather than the spray. If you have a lot of knots, the creamier leave-ins may help you more. My HG is the SheaM Leave-In, but I also like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Jessicurl's Aloeba[/buylink].

The one that many curlies mention here is Kinky Kurly's [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]Knot Today[/buylink]. One of them mentioned that she would never get the knots out of her hair, because the item was backordered.

If you only like a spray, I also like the JCS Revitalizing leave-in.

HTH :cheers:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    Hey FrizzBgone, Who makes the SheaM Leave-In? Or where can you get it? I did a Google search but had no luck. Thanks!
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Hey swirl, I just responded to your other thread, hope you got the SheaM info.

My fav spray detanglers are: Ouidad's Botanical Boost and Giovanni's leave in.
    2b/3a.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    swirldrops wrote:
    Hey FrizzBgone, Who makes the SheaM Leave-In? Or where can you get it? I did a Google search but had no luck. Thanks!

Hi There !

Not sure if you were given this already, but just in case ....

Here is the link to Beauty of New York. I was given the link from another curly. Their prices are really good and I was happy with their service.

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/

I'm sure you'll be another convert !! :thumbright:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    Thanks for the info! I think I'm gonna get me some!
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I second Oyin GG
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • ringletcurlringletcurl Posts: 40Registered Users
    I use Walmarts brand (sold in the baby section). It works just as good as the more expensive stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file