Sulfate Free Poo's?

waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
First of all is Creme of Nature poo CG? Here are the ingredients.
Water Aqua , Trideceth-7 Carboxylic Acid , Decyl Polyglycoside , Glycol Stearate , Polyquaternium-10 , Aloe Barbadensis Extract Aloe Barbadensis , Hydrolyzed Milk Protein , Wheat Germ Oil Triticum Vulgare , Honey Mel , Lemon Extract Citrus Medica Limonium , Dimethicone Copolyol , Balsam Canada Abies Balsamea , Pectin , Lecithin , Buchu Extract Baroma Betulina , Myrrh Extract Commiphora Myrrha , Marjoram Extract Origanium Majorana , Orris Extract Iris Florentina , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance Parfum , Disodiium EDTA , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Quaternium-15 , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Green 3 , Yellow 10 , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Green 3 CI 42053 , Yellow 10 CI 47005

That's a silicone right?

Secondly please post any sulfate free shampoos that you liked. I already know about no-poo and I was using Activate before they reformulated it. TIA!
[sigpic][/sigpic]
3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
@waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Comments

• sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    Trader Joe's Nourish Spa shampoo - only coca betaine.
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    It is CG; the cone is water soluble.
    3b-3c CG
  • kinkycurlygirlkinkycurlygirl Posts: 57Registered Users
    I use a sulfate free shampoo called Mill Creek Botanicals. I use the Aloe Vera right now, but they have others. I bought at a health food store.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Creme of Nature (most cleansing)
    [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl No Poo[/buylink] (moderate cleansing)
    Blended Beauty Soy Creme shampoo (least cleansing)

[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl HCC[/buylink] was good, too.

I'd like to try the Curl Junkie and Curls shampoos when these my Blended Beauty runs out.

Yes, all of the above are sulfate-free. The cone in CoN is water soluable, as said earlier.

• DominicanaHeatDominicanaHeat Posts: 2,729Registered Users
    Lately I've been using Isoplus Conditioning Shampoo. CG, moisturizes my hair and cleanses thoroughly.
    3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    I actually love Paves No-Sulfates Allowed Shampoo. It always leaves my hair better off than it was before. I wash about once a week with it and just co-wash the rest of the week.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • Chelle547Chelle547 Posts: 47Registered Users
    The ingredient that stands out to me is sodium hydroxide. That's lye! Which is not a problem when it has been combined with oil in the saponification process, but that yields bar soap, not a liquid one. So it looks like the lye is chemically unchanged....
    3B/3A thick, medium texture, dark brown, waist length. Colorado Curly!! Denver area
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It has sulfates, but NOT ALES, ALS, SLES, SLS. That is Neutrogena Triple Moisture Gentle Lather.

There's another that's only coco-something betaine. That is Activate.
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    What's the scoop on the Isoplus Moisturizing Shampoo? I can't find the ingredients online. I think I have seen this at WalMart near the Creme of Nature.

I am actually pretty happy w/ Creme of Nature (yellow lid) but like a true pj, I am always game for some more variety!!
  • preciousjewel76preciousjewel76 Posts: 679Registered Users Curl Novice
    Chelle547 wrote:
    The ingredient that stands out to me is sodium hydroxide. That's lye! Which is not a problem when it has been combined with oil in the saponification process, but that yields bar soap, not a liquid one. So it looks like the lye is chemically unchanged....

This question came up quite a bit in the Long Hair Care Forum (where I was a member). As far as I can tell, the sodium hydroxide in this product is added to balance the pH. It is a base, and can be added to personal care products to reduce acidity. It's at the bottom of the list of ingredients so it should be in very small concentration - not enough to harm (or relax!) anyone's hair.
    4A - dense, medium strands - APL/BSL - 3+ years natural!

:love7:YAY!: GF Triple Nutrition Conditioner, YTCu Color Care Conditioner, Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque, LOTD AV Gel, EVCO, JCN&S, KCCC, buns and updos!
  • Chelle547Chelle547 Posts: 47Registered Users
    Ah, I see. Thanks, I was confused.
    3B/3A thick, medium texture, dark brown, waist length. Colorado Curly!! Denver area
  • waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    Thanks for all the answers. I think I'm going to try CoN. Thx! :cat:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a/b low to normal porosity curls
    CG method since 2006 @:-)
    CO wash: suave naturals coconut
    rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
    stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
    @waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
    Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list