Hello, Curly hair that has frizzy tendencies here

Curlylocks27Curlylocks27 Posts: 1Registered Users
Hi curly haired ladies.
I have wavy-curly hair. My hair tends to frizz.

I will start this intro by sharing my personal favorite hair taming trick that does not coat the hair or ruin the waves or dull the shine: hot oil treatment...any brand. I'm not talking about the traditional hot oil treatment you are thinking of here. I'm talking about pouring the hot oil treatment into your hands and putting it right on wet hair like you would do a styling gel. It is the easiest, most effective way to smooth out the hair without coating it (believe me, I have tried every leave in product I could get my hands on). You don't use the whole tube...just as much as you have to for your personal hair type. For some, a little dab will do...for others, like me, a half a tube is necessary. My hair is thick and coarse and straw like, with virtually no natural oil, so the oil placement makes it appear thinner and shinier without destroying the natural waves, which are attractive when they're not sticking straight out. Later in the day, when my hair has sucked up all the oil and turned to frizz again, I can add more and it re-smooths and re-styles. I find the creamy leave in conditioners dull and coat my hair...even the most expensive ones. The styling gels and other hair agents dry out my hair so it is worse than before. The hot oil is a miracle.

Well, there you go. A lifetime of research revealed in a simple introduction!

When I am not worrying over my hair, I am fussing over shoes. I love shoes. I really believe the two most powerful things a woman can do for her appearance...for the most effect...are have great hair and fabulous shoes. If I am having a good hair day and wearing good shoes, you know I am going to have a good day.

Well, that's me. I read about this website and could not believe there was such a thing. It's fabulous. I hope it won't become one of those sites that become popular and then sell out so that all it consists of are ads. For now, it seems like a good site.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself. Hopefully I will see you in some of the other discussions.

Curlylocks27
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, it sounds like you've found the perfect solution for yourself! You've a lucky girl. The rest of us are on a constant quest for just the right product (which I'm sure makes the cosmetics manufacturers very happy).

What hair type are you and what kind of oil are you using? If you haven't already, you might also want to post your success in the forum that's dedicated to hair types like yours.

Welcome!
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Glad ths works for you. I like oils on wet hair, but my hair absorbs them fast, expanding like a balloon and frizzing. So I do need to rinse it out, condition, and then style with a gel.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file