I read this article...

MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
and it really resonated with me. Just thought I'd share it with you guys. I would paste it here, but it's kind of lengthy.

GAINING A BABY, LOSING A BODY

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Very good article - thanks for sharing!!!!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    Excellent article. I loved it.
    :rambo:
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Good article. I wish I could just wisen up and accept things the way they are, but I've had issues with my body this entire pregnancy and don't see that changing postpartum. You can understand what's happening, realize what's logical and what isn't, but still not be able to fully accept it.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • cajuncurlscajuncurls Registered Users Posts: 270
    So true.
    I'm 37, just had my third child and I'm still crying over the bathroom scale. :cry:
    Did you do it for love? Did you do it for money? Did you do it for spite? Did you think you had to, honey?
    - Eagles

age.png

age.png
  • MunchyMunchy Registered Users Posts: 5,206 Curl Novice
    Bailey422 wrote:
    Good article. I wish I could just wisen up and accept things the way they are, but I've had issues with my body this entire pregnancy and don't see that changing postpartum. You can understand what's happening, realize what's logical and what isn't, but still not be able to fully accept it.

Bailey, I started therapy for long standing eating/body image issues because they intensified during pregnancy. I was afraid that I may resort to unhealthy ways of coping while I was pregnant - something I have done in the past.
    It was the single most helpful thing I've ever done in my life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file