CurlTalk

More cheers for SheaM

CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
I'm re-reading my original post "Cheers for Shea Moisture..." and smiling because I still love SheaM, and I'm so happy with it that I can read other threads and not be tempted to try out what everyone else is discussing :cheers:
2b/3a.

Comments

• mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users
    Awww. (:

PICTURES!
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I took a couple w/ you in mind, fotki is updated. Unfortunately, the all around "goodness" of the combination (shine, curl factor, long-lasting bounce and potential 2nd day hair) does not translate into the photos. Oh well.
    2b/3a.
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Posts: 1,271Registered Users
    Are you kidding me? That last photo especially is AMAZING. :happy2:
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Are you kidding me? That last photo especially is AMAZING. :happy2:

I second that! Your hair looks fabulous in the last pic! :bounce:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    Wow, your hair looks super! :cheers: But i am not ordering anything new until after the holidays......PJ taking control of my body....can't resist ordering........ :confused2:
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
    Awww shucks, thanks. You should've seen me trying to get the best lighting, the right angle all while holding my macbook in one hand balanced it on my arm so I could snap a photo via iBooth :laughing9: I'm pretty sure my 4 yr old thinks I'm crazy.
    2b/3a.
    Wow, your hair looks super! :cheers: But i am not ordering anything new until after the holidays......PJ taking control of my body....can't resist ordering........ :confused2:

You don't need to order anything! Your One C photos are fabulous, shiny, bouncy, curly ringlets, wow!

You siggie line is so full, every time I see it I chuckle. :wink:
    2b/3a.
  • curlynyricancurlynyrican Posts: 134Registered Users
    Your Hair is beautiful!

One question, it is my bottle or is this product super duper thick? I literally have to squeeze it against the counter to get some out? (I'm not a body builder but I'm not that weak!)Is that how it's supposed to be?
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users
    Your Hair is beautiful!

One question, it is my bottle or is this product super duper thick? I literally have to squeeze it against the counter to get some out? (I'm not a body builder but I'm not that weak!)Is that how it's supposed to be?

It is incredibly thick.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • echokittenechokitten Posts: 1,751Registered Users
    Your Hair is beautiful!

It is incredibly thick.
    It's very thick ITA, but my first bottle was MUCH thicker than the subsequent ones I have ordered. I think that its just a thicker batch. On a side note, I think I liked the first bottle a bit better than the later ones for some reason...but either way it's a HG staple for me in the winter for sure.
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
    I ordered it as a sample and have this fabulous little tub, when I reorder I'll be scraping it out of the squeeze bottle and refilling the tub.
    2b/3a.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    Okay, already.... I'm convinced! I just ordered it. Sheesh - you guys are dangerous!! :laughing9:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    Does this help weigh hair down or give it volume? I want it to be weighed down.
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
  • teshonteshon Posts: 1,127Registered Users
    2poodles wrote:
    Okay, already.... I'm convinced! I just ordered it. Sheesh - you guys are dangerous!! :laughing9:

Yay! I love it. Let us know how it works for you. SheaM. has set the bar so high for me as a leave-in that I'm finding it hard to find another to measure up! It's the greatest!
    3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Fteshon" class="Popup PW: crazycurls
    Youtube Channel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fteshonandfamily" class="Popup
    krispy wrote:

Hey krispy - you'll have to set aside your preconceived notions about leave in conditioners, because SheaM defines the curl and boosts it, so it weighs and provides volume, doesn't make sense but that's what it does, it's the perfect leave in
    2b/3a.
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Posts: 654Registered Users
    2poodles wrote:

Me too. i just couldn't resist any longer. And after all November 16th is "button day" and what better way to celebrate then to push buttons and order hair care items.

BTW tomorrow is "take a Hike" day which is what my dh may say if i keep ordering hair products.... :laughing9:
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
  • MerriMerri Posts: 160Registered Users
    Who sells sheaM?????????????????????? :love1:
    Deciding what to be when I grow up!!!
    Mostly a 3b with thick, dry, frizzy hair. Using Jessicurl CC, re:coil, jessicurl conditioners and Elucence and Curl Junkie
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    krispy wrote:

Hey krispy - you'll have to set aside your preconceived notions about leave in conditioners, because SheaM defines the curl and boosts it, so it weighs and provides volume, doesn't make sense but that's what it does, it's the perfect leave in

OK - I tried this after my deep treatment last night. All I can say is WOW. I never ever would have thought I could use a leave-in. I did what SBB said she does - I mixed it in my hand with some aloe gel. I used the amoutn the CIC indicated she used and I put a bit of gel over it. My hair felt fantastic! I cannot wait to use it again today.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    All right, you guys have convinced me to pull out my bottle of this and give it another try. I tried it in the summer and my hair didn't seem to like it but then again my hair doesn't seem to like anything when it's hot and humid. Maybe I'll try it today.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
    I mixed it in my hand with some aloe gel.

Much easier when you use a little Bodun or Aerolatte hand mixer, you can mix more.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    I mixed it in my hand with some aloe gel.

Much easier when you use a little Bodun or Aerolatte hand mixer, you can mix more.

Do you premix this?? Today I just added put in my hand which still had some CK remnants and mixed it together by rubbing my hands together. The consistency reminds me of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] which I also will mix with a liquid to apply. I am thinking I am getting it pretty well distributed but who knows??
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    yes I premix, keep for 2-3 days
    comic-p.jpg

• MerriMerri Posts: 160Registered Users
    Do you get it here?
    Deciding what to be when I grow up!!!
    Mostly a 3b with thick, dry, frizzy hair. Using Jessicurl CC, re:coil, jessicurl conditioners and Elucence and Curl Junkie
  • MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I ordered mine from beautyofnewyork.com AFAIK CurlMart isn't carrying it yet :wink:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    I took a couple w/ you in mind, fotki is updated. Unfortunately, the all around "goodness" of the combination (shine, curl factor, long-lasting bounce and potential 2nd day hair) does not translate into the photos. Oh well.

Your hair is beautiful. :notworthy:

I keep hearing Pink Boots mentioned ? Can you tell me what that is and/or where to find it. I love having a product to scrunch out the crunch. I am having trouble finding ones that don't have a lot of cones in them.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users
    I finally received the SheaM Leave-In ...OMG ... This is the first time EVER that I got 2nd day hair that I would actually leave the house with !!! :cheers:

I'm sure it was in great part to the SheaM. I co-washed, SheaM, CK and then Joiwhip. BOUNCY, CURLS WITH LOTS OF DEFINITION ... Who knew !!! LOL

The other thing that was cool was that Joiwhip didn't dry very crunchy on me. I always get good results with the Joiwhip, but it normally dries really crunchy. The only thing I did differently this time was the SheaM Leave In.

Thanks to all those curlies that recommended it ... it is REALLY reasonably priced too. :occasion5:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!