now my rings stuck - HELP

wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
I thought I'd missed the bullet. I hadn't experienced swelling until now. I was extremely swollen last time at around 7-8 months. So when I passed this time period, I thought I was safe.

Problem is I didn't take my rings off and today they are stuck. Anything I can do to get them off? Anything to reduce the swelling enough to slip them off?

TIA
HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
password: curlzorwavez

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Stick your hand into some cold water (or go outside if it's cold where you are). Your fingers should shrink a bit from the cold.

I'm wondering if I should take my ring off soon. I take it off every day when I shower, and I had a bit of trouble getting it off this morning. Now, it's coming off just fine, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't risk it getting stuck. I don't have any noticeable swelling anywhere, but my shoes and ring have been feeling a little more snug than normal.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    Bailey, it depends. Last time I was able to wear my rings till D-Day.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    As soon as I noticed my ring getting a little tight, we went to the flea market and got a $20 temporary wedding band. This was waaaayyyy back around 22 or 25 weeks or so.
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    geeky wrote:
    Bailey, it depends. Last time I was able to wear my rings till D-Day.

Me too - I had them on in the hospital the whole time. But my feet were swollen.

Wavez, try dipping your finger in oil, butter, warm soapy water or vaseline.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    My hands never swelled up and I was able to wear my rings all along - my feet were an entirely different story.

Wavez - I'd keep trying throughout the day. I definitely notice that at some times of the day my rings are looser that others. If its chilly outside, you might find that after you are out for a walk your rings will come off easier.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    If you raise your hands above your heart, the swelling should go down a bit - it might be enough to get your rings off.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    I wore my rings on a necklace starting somewhere in the 5th month, I think. I couldn't put them back on until long after the 3rd baby was born.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    jesh!!!
    should have taken them off - still stuck. I just hope this is over soon ...
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    Have you tried rinsing your hands in cold water and using soap to help it slide off? If you're able to sleep in it, try taking it off a little bit after you've woken up, or in the shower.
    I hope you get it off soon.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file