I have perfected my hair! 100% naturally

I was straight haired for 14 years 'dead straight'. One day I woke up with a head full of curls!!! Ever since then I've lived with frizz and poof trying a wide variety of conditioners n prdocuts n gel. Every thing I tried failed.. As I get allergic reactions to most of them, causing itchy red dry flaking irritating scalp ew! Most products also damaging my hair to no end. I thought I was so cursed.

However I tried something the other day... My hair was not poofy.. My hair was 99% frizz free. Shine and softness... I swear it made my hair colour stand out more. Bouncy cute curls!. I am now obsessed with curls I love them!.

I was just wondering if alot of girls had a similar problem.... I've constructed a totally natural hair routine:) and I thought I'd share and help others.

Mixed Conditioner and honey, applied to hair, massaged scalp. combed hair while still wet with conditioner. Rinsed until there was no conditioner left. Used a hair rinse made from a teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of pure aloe vera juice, fill the rest with water until it reaches one cup. Pour it over my hair, dont wash out. lightly scrunch my hair with towel, to help drain some water. rub pure aloe vera gel into hands and smooth it over my entire hair. then rub more gel into hands and scrunch all my curls until they look perfect. Not too much gel though!. serperate curls if possible, I shake my head because I usually end up ruining my curls if I seperate them with my fingers. I then let my hair air dry or clip example: http://www.ylcf.org/gotcurl/curlyclipping.htm and then I go to sleep and wake up with perfect curls:) or when hair is fully dry I scrunch out the crunch.
Ideas gathered from a wide variety of websites, and many experimenting and ideas from me.

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sounds like a good routine. Glad that it works for you!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • curlyvampcurlyvamp Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks!
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlyvamp wrote:
    I was straight haired for 14 years 'dead straight'. One day I woke up with a head full of curls!!! Ever since then I've lived with frizz and poof trying a wide variety of conditioners n prdocuts n gel. Every thing I tried failed.. As I get allergic reactions to most of them, causing itchy red dry flaking irritating scalp ew! Most products also damaging my hair to no end. I thought I was so cursed.

However I tried something the other day... My hair was not poofy.. My hair was 99% frizz free. Shine and softness... I swear it made my hair colour stand out more. Bouncy cute curls!. I am now obsessed with curls I love them!.

I was just wondering if alot of girls had a similar problem.... I've constructed a totally natural hair routine:) and I thought I'd share and help others.

Mixed Conditioner and honey, applied to hair, massaged scalp. combed hair while still wet with conditioner. Rinsed until there was no conditioner left. Used a hair rinse made from a teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of pure aloe vera juice, fill the rest with water until it reaches one cup. Pour it over my hair, dont wash out. lightly scrunch my hair with towel, to help drain some water. rub pure aloe vera gel into hands and smooth it over my entire hair. then rub more gel into hands and scrunch all my curls until they look perfect. Not too much gel though!. serperate curls if possible, I shake my head because I usually end up ruining my curls if I seperate them with my fingers. I then let my hair air dry or clip example: http://www.ylcf.org/gotcurl/curlyclipping.htm and then I go to sleep and wake up with perfect curls:) or when hair is fully dry I scrunch out the crunch.
    Ideas gathered from a wide variety of websites, and many experimenting and ideas from me.

What brand of aloe vera gel do you use?
  • curlyvampcurlyvamp Posts: 3Registered Users
    I use fruit of the earth
  • curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
    do you do this evreyday?
    product staple: suave coconut conditioner
    goal: healthy BSL! :D
    obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
    :protest:probable suspects
    • hard water
    • varying product use
    • weather-hair chemistry confusion