Big Red Here. Torn between TR and going natural!

PwniePwnie Posts: 29Registered Users
Hi, all!

My name's Dee. I'm 18, a film student at Arizona State University and originally from Portland, Oregon. I've had giant, natural red curls my entire life. It was cute when I was little, and a hassle when I got older. Here's some pictures for your amusement.

Two years ago I was in the hospital for two months, subsisting on intravenous fluids. When I got out, my hair began to fall out by the handful. It was at that point that I decided to go real short, for the first time since I was ten. I cut it all off, to about two inches. People loved it, and it let me experience a variety of different lengths on the way out.

l_e24e988c7315cf406516a699ed7d10c2.jpg

l_d0de2b76fa97edf7ffccb7ce3aea98e0.jpg

l_801277dbb03f0ded47f79f65c52996bf.jpg

l_9aa0eb130238df86758a5a78d226590d.jpg

And there's a trillion more where those came from.

Right now, I've been saving up for thermal reconditioning. I want to be able to wear hats and baggy clothes without looking like a hobo. However, the price is steep and I won't be able to do it every six months for the rest of my life. Now I'm putting some intense thought into this, and I'm leaning more towards going to a curl-special salon and getting a great cut.

I've never worked with my hair before. When it was short, I put in some mousse. When it was an afro, I put in lots of hairspray. As it grows out, I do less with it. No shampoo, no brushing. Just conditioner and a little defining spray now and then. Quite often I put it up in a ponytail.

I'd like to have it thinned - I did this in the past, RIGHT before it thinned itself out. This was a disaster. I had almost no hair left. Now, it's back to normal and I'm thinking that I'd like to have it thinned again and more layers added. I hope that if I work with it, I can define the curls - they've always been left to their own devices, which is usually along the lines of a giant, frizzy bird's nest.

Any tips would be fantastic!

Comments

• goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Welcome :P

you should be able to find some great advice here to help you love your curls..
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • neonrainbowneonrainbow Posts: 41Registered Users
    Whoa, your hair is awesome. I know I'm biased but please don't get it straightened! It's so unique and beautiful, and could be even more so with the right cut. I love the color, too.

Anyway, welcome! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file