Hello, new wavy on the block

funkediscofunkedisco Posts: 130Registered Users
Hello!

I am joining the CG world! I've never been one to straighten my hair always but since I never love it, I am usually pulling it back or throwing a headband on it.

I am really nervous that CG isn't gonna work....so....friendly wavies out there I need some support.

I recently ordered Angell and CurlKeeper from Curlmart...I hope they work. If you have comments about either one of these products, please share!! Or any products for that matter! I see a lot of wavies really feelin Jessicurl products. Any suggestions? javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Right now I am still using poo, mostly because I'm waiting for my Curlmart order and the B&B Curl Conscious Creme I use really weighs my hair down. (It also doesn't hold well unless my hair is shorter than it is now) Currently I am using Nature's Gate Poo (Aloe & Lavender) and Nature's Gate CO (Asian Pear & Red Tea).

I look forward to my adventures as a liberated wavy lady!

Alright wavies, I'll be seeing you!
2a-3a
Modified CG
Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)

Comments

• 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Welcome! :cheers: I hope you are reading posts - that's the best way to learn techniques and products worth trying. Then it's a matter or trial, error, and more trial! Just gotta be patient. I use the CK all the time - it's my HG for controlling the frizz factor. I usually add [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink] to it and sometimes also add JC's RR. I used Angell for the first few months then wanted to try other products. :bounce: So much will depend on the current condition of your hair and your climate as well as your particular curl pattern. Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• funkediscofunkedisco Posts: 130Registered Users
    Thanks for the hello. I will keep the trial part in mind...especially on bad hair days.

Good news though my CK and Angell came today so I will be going officially CG as of now javascript:emoticon(':cherry:') Whohoo! let the waves begin
    2a-3a
    Modified CG
    Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    Let us know how it goes. You picked two of the most popular products.
    For more hair info, check out:

http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/index.html
    http://www.freewebs.com/triplecurl/

The first site lists shampoos, conditioners and stylers that are CG friendly (it's a bit dated, but still useful). The second site is chock full of recipes that you can mix up at home for curl boosting, deep conditioning, curl refreshing, etc.
    2b/3a.
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    funkedisco wrote:
    Hello!

I recently ordered Angell and CurlKeeper from Curlmart...I hope they work. If you have comments about either one of these products, please share!! Or any products for that matter! I see a lot of wavies really feelin Jessicurl products. Any suggestions? javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Alright wavies, I'll be seeing you!

Welcome ! I was thrilled when I found this site ... although it has been an expensive discovery ... I thought I was a product junkie before :laughing9:

Be ready to use A LOT of Angell. I find I need more of that product than anything else. I love the CK, but be ready to experiment with the amount that you use. If I use too much CK, my hair doesn't dry and looks greasy .... It is an awesome product though - I wouldn't be without it.

It really is liberating to start working with your hair, rather than against it. It has been great. It has been a learning experience ... and I am by no means an expert, but it has been wonderful to finally work (and learn to enjoy) what I have, rather than work against it.

This website is an amazing resource. There is no one better than a fellow wavy / curly to help you fix your hair problems.

Have fun :cheers:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file