Speaking of rip offs...

SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
Anyone ever have a debit card amount come out wrong when it hits the bank? (I have the right amount on the receipt, and the right amount in my register...but the statement from the bank is more than double that amount and it is the exact same transaction :angry4: ).

I see this every few months. It's NEVER in my favor. Usually it's a few cents so I let it go. But this is ridiculous.

I'm not even sure how it's possible, I mean it's a debit card and I see the amount and authorize it so how can it change later when the bank gets it?

Gah. Cash is easier.
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)

Comments

• KurlyKarenLeeKurlyKarenLee Posts: 1,048Registered Users
    Yeah, that's happened to me, too. That's also one of the reasons I stopped using a debit card. I wonder if some places have a little system to siphon a few pennies here and there ---kind of like the movie Office Space.
    KurlyKarenLee

You can say what you want about the South, but you never hear of anyone retiring and moving North.
  • memesmemes Posts: 785Registered Users
    I've never had that happen and I use my debit card for almost everything...you should definitely bring this up with your bank.

Michelle
    3A, fine but thick, low porosity, low to medium resilience, protein sensitive but not to silk

Favorites: Anything from Curly Kinks...their system is my new holy grail. Still liking Juice Organics Orange and TJ Refresh Conditioners as all purpose co-wash and rinse outs.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I would switch banks, that's unacceptable unless it's in your favor :wink:
    2b/3a.
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Funny reading these posts because I was just wondering the other day whether someone is skimming a few dollars here and there at the bank. The reason I say this is because I recently stopped using my debit card for over a month and all of a sudden my checking account actually balanced for the first time in years. I was always off about $45 before then, so it got me to thinking. I suppose it's possible?
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file