for the modified CG

what do you ladies do? I started going shampoo less 3 weeks ago and I think my hair started getting greasy. I would like to continue the CG method but probably modify it a little bit. what do you suggest...???
A Mediterranean 3b lady
In love with my curls, love love love
CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    I use a sulfate free shampoo once a week.
    3b-3c CG
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    It takes 3-6 weeks for your scalp and hair to adjust to going shampooless, so give it a little time. Also, it is very important that your conditioner and styling products don't contain silicones. If you are a wavy, then you may need to use a gentle shampoo once a week or so. Try an apple cider vinegar rinse first. And when you CO wash or water wash, be sure to scrub/massage your scalp with your fingertips and rinse thoroughly. After 3 weeks, you should be doing more water washing than CO washing. If you are using CG products, then be patient just a little bit longer and your hair should start looking healthy and clean.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • generositytgenerosityt Registered Users Posts: 245
    I'm using suave vanilla co, and I think I will be getting the fructis leave-in soon. My problem is that I use oil to style my hair, it has only cyclomethicone which is supposed to evaporate in room temperature so it should not case build ups, but I don't know about the other ingredients, like olive oil, cotton seed oil (I think) etc..
    I'll give it more time cause I really like it so far, definitely it looks healthier and the curl definition is much much better, just the greasy feeling is not that cool, it doesn't look bad though so it's ok. I'm a 3b by the way.
    thanks a lot for your replies
    A Mediterranean 3b lady
    In love with my curls, love love love
    CG since Nov/07

Co-Wash: VO5, Tresemme naturals, Fructis naturals
    Cond: Nature's Gate conditioners
    Stylers: Lotions made at home with coconut oil, honey, AVG, vegetable glycerin, OO, and EO.
    Gel: LA Looks sports gel for high humidity days.

Hair goal: Waist length healthy curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file