To DT or not to DT? That is the question!

rosannarosannadannarosannarosannadanna Posts: 109Registered Users
Okay so it's late Saturday night, I'm having my hair colored Monday evening. Do I go ahead with my DT on Sunday?
"Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Our goals should be health (and) stamina." - Emme Aronson

3A short inverted bob, auburn with red highlights colored hair
Fine, but lots of it

Yes to Cucumbers Color Care shampoo and conditioner, AOMMJ, KCCC, CJCIAB, CJRP, CJBCLI, CJCR.

Comments

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I wouldn't, I've read here that you should wait at least three days. I don't even use a regular conditioner the day before I color.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Why wouldn't it be wise to condition (or even DT)? Is the idea that hair will absorb more color if it's dryer? (Yes, I am a newbie) :bounce:
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    jillipoo wrote:
    Why wouldn't it be wise to condition (or even DT)? Is the idea that hair will absorb more color if it's dryer? (Yes, I am a newbie) :bounce:
    Yes, depending on the color. And the DT can coat the hair so the dye sticks to the coating rather than absorbing, and later washes off.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file