Removing Bigen w/ Color Fix??

BearmeadowBearmeadow Posts: 3Registered Users
Is it possible to remove Bigen w/ Color Fix??

I've been using Bigen for the past few months to cover greys and I think it's a great product. My hair feels like I haven't done anything to it! The only thing is that it's way too dark. I'd like to either lighten it or remove the color and start over to get a medium/dark brown. I used the dark brown of Bigen and it looks BLACK.

I tried doing my own highlights with bleach and the streaks look orange like. Interesting contrast, but not really what I was going for.

Being that Bigen doesn't give specific ingredients on their packaging, I'm not sure if it contains actual Henna and/or metallic substances.

Can anyone give some advice on what I could do?? I'm really not up for using the harsh dyes with ammonia / peroxide.

Thanks!!

-Mandi

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes you can. You don't need to use the peroxide processor (#3) I used bottles 1 and 2 at the strenth/mix recommended. It stunk but did the job of removing my RC deposit color and my hair was totally okay. I recolored almost immediately after.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Bearmeadow wrote:
    Is it possible to remove Bigen w/ Color Fix??

I tried doing my own highlights with bleach and the streaks look orange like. Interesting contrast, but not really what I was going for.

Being that Bigen doesn't give specific ingredients on their packaging, I'm not sure if it contains actual Henna and/or metallic substances.
    I haven't used Bigen and don't know the exact ingredients either, but it should be ok. I know it's similar to RC's Color, and it's safe for that.

As far as bleaching goes, you need to bleach past the orange stage, then tone it with a color. Or you can just lift a few colors to the red or red/brown stage and leave it, if it ends up a color you like. Check out this page:
    http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php?location=bleach

Like SBB said, just use the first 2 bottles, not #3, and you should be fine. Good luck!
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • BearmeadowBearmeadow Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thank you both for your advice. I will give it a try!! People at the beauty supply store were telling me I would be crazy to use anything to remove it since it would really damage my hair. But knowing to not use the #3 probably makes more sense. I'll do it in another week or so and let you guys know the results.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    From my experience, ColorFix is a gentle product. Never tried to remove Bigen color, though.

I have always used step 3. In addition to the above advice, I've also read on Folica.com not to use the step 3. However, I figure it must have a purpose or why else would the manufacturer include it? Just my thought. I am by no means a professional colorist or chemist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • mariag002mariag002 Posts: 3,557Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bigen made my mom's hair thin out and lose its curl. She used it for years until she couldn't use it anymore. I wouldn't recommend it.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file