CurlTalk

Biosilk rock hard gelee/& Nexxus Potar--opinions?

BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Posts: 99Registered Users
Hi, I just bought the Biosilk after reading all of the posts here...and I think it may actually have HG potential! I am on 2day hair and still very very happy with this product. great loopy s curl formation, and little frizz. I agree that it did have the initial crunch factor (as with the abba weightless) but easily scrunched out. I am liking this much better than Angell, B&A,and Abba. but I am still interested in hearing more about the Phyto Organics redfining gel...

Comments

• miacurlmiacurl Posts: 332Registered Users
    I did not like the Phyto gel at all. It was a clear gel which was a plus. But no hold to it. I bought and used it last fall.

I have not tried the Biosilk gel......yet :twisted:
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Nexxus POTAER is a pretty light hold gel. It's similar to Angell. If you need a strongish hold, this probably would not do it.
  • BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Posts: 99Registered Users
    SuZen, do you think it is worthwhile to buy the POTAR to try it? I have Angell - and do get pretty good curl formation with the thin consistancy, my problem there still seems to be the frizz. I dont need just another product unless the nexxus has some worthwhile redeaming qualities...
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Honestly, I don't see a big need to try POTAER if you already have Angell. They are so similar, I doubt you would get significantly different results. You may or may not know that POTAER was used at Devachan before they developed Angell.
  • BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Posts: 99Registered Users
    ...interesting...
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users
    I prefer the potar to angell. I think it has more hold on my hair--and not crunchy. Hair shines without looking gunky. Gave me big chunky curls.........Got a small bottle for $5.50.
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • kimmyckimmyc Posts: 551Registered Users
    I prefer the potar to angell. I think it has more hold on my hair--and not crunchy. Hair shines without looking gunky. Gave me big chunky curls.........Got a small bottle for $5.50.

I'm gonna go with you cunninghamair. I absolutely can NOT go to sleep with Angell in my hair because I end up with lots of frizz and really undefined curls. If I use POTAR I have chunky, defined curls and it actually looks decent.

I don't think POTAR is alot more hold than Angell, but, it's enough to make a difference with my hair. :)
    2b/3a, primarily use Jessicurl and DevaCurl products, Curls Hair Tea conditioner and various gels. I'm modified CG-ish since 5/04.