RC #8 Light Chestnut?**updated w/ pics of my new color**

sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
I just ordered RC hair color for the first time. Does anyone color with light chestnut, and if so, do you have any pics I could see? All this RC talk has got me excited :)
:) Vanessa :)
CG since 9/2007
medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's going to darken your hair. If that is not what you want, maybe order clear and mix with that 2/3 chestnut - 1/3 clear (if you don't have gray). Or mixing with a blonde color like light ash blonde. Look at my hair color in my fotki - it's #15 golden beige blonde and it looks light reddish brown. I would defer to any advice Curlilocks gives; she knows her RC.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    Thanks for the response :) I actually do want the color to be a bit darker. I was actually thinking about the chocolate brown. I love deep chocolate color on my hair. But, since I've read that the colors turn out darker than the site shows, I decided to do chestnut.
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    sessac81 wrote:
    Thanks for the response :) I actually do want the color to be a bit darker. I was actually thinking about the chocolate brown. I love deep chocolate color on my hair. But, since I've read that the colors turn out darker than the site shows, I decided to do chestnut.

I use it! :) It will darken your hair a bit, but it looks like your base color is darker anyway. And you say you don't mind going darker. I actually think the darker color will make your blue eyes pop! :) You can look thru my album (see below) for color reference. Some pics are with the #7 golden chestnut, but the last ones (most of the devacut ones) are using #8.

Just be sure to do a strand test first to determine how long you need to leave it on for the color you want.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    my hair got very dark almost black w light chestnut. i now use golden blonde #18 which gives me kindof a bright medium brown. i dread having to grow out my gray ...
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
    Thanks for the replies, guys :) It looks like the #8 is just what I want right now :)
    I use it! It will darken your hair a bit, but it looks like your base color is darker anyway. And you say you don't mind going darker. I actually think the darker color will make your blue eyes pop! You can look thru my album (see below) for color reference. Some pics are with the #7 golden chestnut, but the last ones (most of the devacut ones) are using #8.

Thanks, CurliLocks :) My natural color is about the shade of you hair with the #7. The #8 on your hair looks exactly the color I want! Now, I'm super excited! I had my hair about the color of the #8 before and loved it. I wanted to go darker for fall/winter, and it's looks like the exact shade I want! How long do you keep your color on for before rinsing? I know all hair is different, but I was just wondering what the ball park area is.

Your hair is gorgeous, by the way!!
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    I keep the color on the roots only for about an hour, but I have resistant gray. On the ends/length, I only need to leave it about 15 min or so. So start your timing early for the strand test. :)
    Great :) Thanks!
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    banjocurl wrote:
    my hair got very dark almost black w light chestnut. i now use golden blonde #18 which gives me kindof a bright medium brown. i dread having to grow out my gray ...

I'm with ya. It won't be pretty.
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    I received the dye last night and did my hair! OMG. I love it. It is much darker than the swatch online, but it's exactly the shade I want! It's so rich and deep brown.

My natural color is like #8, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. It'll either be my natural color, or darker like I want :)

CurliLocks, Based on #8 being my natural color, what color would you use to get your hair that color, just in case I ever want to go back to my regular color?
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    sessac81 wrote:
    I received the dye last night and did my hair! OMG. I love it. It is much darker than the swatch online, but it's exactly the shade I want! It's so rich and deep brown.

My natural color is like #8, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. It'll either be my natural color, or darker like I want :)

CurliLocks, Based on #8 being my natural color, what color would you use to get your hair that color, just in case I ever want to go back to my regular color?
    I'm glad it came out how we were hoping! :) If you want to go lighter in the future, I would suggest #15 Golden Beige Blonde for a neutral base, or #18 Golden Blonde for a gold base. But if you have obviously lighter roots and darker ends, you will either need to remove some color with ColorFix, or mix the old color with the new color for a few times. I can give you details on that later, been there too. ;)

So, are we going to see new pictures of this wonderful color? :D
    So, are we going to see new pictures of this wonderful color?

I'll try to get a pic tonight. I've been really busy at work and haven't been able to get one. I've thought about taking one every day though :)
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    Here's a pic of my new color. I am loving it more and more each day :)

Thanks for your help, curlilocks!

http://public.fotki.com/sessac1981/hair-progress/pb070007.html

Here's another... it was taken tonight after a really long day at work, which is why it's a little frizzy and I have a headband on. Today was also the first day that I got a few nice clumps in lieu of stringy curls:

http://public.fotki.com/sessac1981/hair-progress/pb150022.html
    CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:
    You're welcome! :) I love your color! It looks so good on you, very natural. :cheers:

I don't see frizz in the last pic, curls look great!
    very nice!
    comic-p.jpg

CG since 9/2007

Currently loving:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file