What AM I?? 2A?

kittymommakittymomma Posts: 6Registered Users
I've always had fine, limp hair, but since I moved to Texas, discovered that it actually had a bit of wave to it...I'm a low-maintenance girl, and am trying to discover products that may be good for me, but I don't know what I am!

I have very oily hair/skin, so no-poo would be bad for me, I think. I need definition and body, mainly...

These pics are after applying Biolage leave-in and plopping for 10 min. or so, no styling products other than that. (My husky could be a spokesdog, no?) Anyone have advice for this noob?

My Photos
name=kittymomma
pw=hairstyles
2A? 2B? Color-treatment makes my hair a bit fatter, but still baby-fine. Still seeking any and all advice...urgh. password=hairstyles

Comments

• onegirlarmyonegirlarmy Posts: 90Registered Users
    Hmmm...It looks 2aish to me, with potential to be more. I bet with the right product you could get some more enhancement.

Have you tried modified CG? A lot of people can't go hardcore no-poo. I use a mild cleanser maybe twice a week.

What do you use now?
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You might want to consider one of Jessicurl's Light trial packs -- I think that's what it's called... it contains several trial sized products that she recommends for people with fine waves/curls. It's a good way to try different (and wonderful!) products without spending a fortune. You get approx. 6 products for $20 or so. It's available through CurlMart. Good luck and have fun! I agree with the poster above - you look like a 2a-ish with potential for more curls with good care/products. :bounce:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• kittymommakittymomma Posts: 6Registered Users
    I was wondering about the JC trials...right now I'm using Matrix Amplify shampoo and Matrix Color Smart condish. Styling products are the Biolage Hydra-Seal and Marc Anthony Strictly Curls. I've also used Sexy Curly Hair mousse, but it's pretty crunchy.

If I don't wash my hair every other day, it's a total oil slick...I also work out 3-4 times a week...maybe a low-poo might be an option...

Thanks for the help! I hope I'm on my way to some curls!
    2A? 2B? Color-treatment makes my hair a bit fatter, but still baby-fine. Still seeking any and all advice...urgh. password=hairstyles
  • A-Slave-2-The-WaveA-Slave-2-The-Wave Posts: 47Registered Users
    Have you invested in a Curly girl book? My hair's 2a - check my photos on my album. Since following the routine it takes about an hour for me to wash, style and dry my hair. To be honest - plopping doesn't work for me the best way that I achieve great volume is to diffuse my hair dry on low heat. And whilst diffusing putting my head upside down and cupping my hair. That would do wonders!
  • kittymommakittymomma Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks so much! I had noticed that our hair is quite similar, so classified myself as 2A...that helped a ton...

I do need to buy the book, it seems!

An hour seems like a long time for me to mess with the tresses. I really have to be a shower, 15-minute routine, and go-type girl. (Well, except on weekends :drunken: )

Going out to purchase some products today, wish me luck!
  • A-Slave-2-The-WaveA-Slave-2-The-Wave Posts: 47Registered Users
    kittymomma wrote:
    Thanks so much! I had noticed that our hair is quite similar, so classified myself as 2A...that helped a ton...

I do need to buy the book, it seems!

An hour seems like a long time for me to mess with the tresses. I really have to be a shower, 15-minute routine, and go-type girl. (Well, except on weekends :drunken: )

Going out to purchase some products today, wish me luck!

Hope you get the best products to suit you! Also check out Amazon for cheap deals on the book I got mine in amazing condition for next to nothing.

Mind you an hour for me may be a bit too much... maybe 45mins :wink:

Keeps the photos coming! Finally a wavies just like me :cheers:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file