CurlTalk

Leav-In Conditioner

UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
Do any of you use leave-in conditioners? I can't decide if I like them or need them or not.

Have you found any that work well for you, and what do you like about them?

Thanks.

Lisa
2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!

Comments

• cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users
    I like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]jessicurl aloeba[/buylink] or devacurl one as leave-ins. Lately, I have been experimenting with mixing 1/2 water & 1/2 conditioner in small spray bottle, then spritzing on after shower--before gel. Works as a midday frizz buster also.
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I like [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]jessicurl aloeba[/buylink] or devacurl one as leave-ins. Lately, I have been experimenting with mixing 1/2 water & 1/2 conditioner in small spray bottle, then spritzing on after shower--before gel. Works as a midday frizz buster also.

ITA. The spritz helps with distribution of a leave-in without separating what little curls we have. Also is great for a mid day frizz buster! I would add EMB for as leave-in onto that list as well. :D
  • eastcoastwaveseastcoastwaves Posts: 54Registered Users
    I adore Aveda Elixir
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got"

2b
  • miacurlmiacurl Posts: 332Registered Users
    Bumble and Bumble Leave In has been the only one so far that does not make my hair feel a producty, tacky mess. The other one that is also wonderful is Curly Brunette's Shea it Ain't so.
    2C/3A auburn hair.
    between shoulders and BSL
  • sidewindersidewinder Posts: 24Registered Users
    Hey Lisa,
    I know your hair is thicker than mine, but I think we have the same loose wave. I have to be very careful with leave-ins because my hair is so thin.No heavy oils, and especially no glycerin. I tried Aveda Elixor,and it's okay, but still makes my hair a little sticky. I have been trying a mix of water and condish in a spray bottle (thanks, cunningham!), but 1/2 water and condish is way too heavy for me! :roll: I have to dilute mine down to about 1/4 or 1/8 condish, the rest of the bottle filled with water. I've been trying this for a week-still not sure about it-- it has been like a sauna here lately and it seems nothing is working.

2AFi-basically baby hair.CG wavy routine since 2/05.Faves: Nexxus Ensure, TG condishes, HE HDG. Trying to kick my hair spray habit!
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users
    Maybe you don't need a leave in? Or maybe you need to try a lighter co for the spray? Keep experimenting and let us know! I used to use ouidad botanical spray--haven't tried it in awhile........
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • UP LisaUP Lisa Posts: 98Registered Users
    I've been trying to decide if I need a leav-in at all. I think I really just need it on the canopy, which tends to be the most damaged, and maybe a little dry. The rest really never seems dry.
    2b. Dark Golden Blond. Very fine texture. Medium thickness. Thrilled to find waves!!!
  • ellyelly Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi,
    I'm new here, and don't know a lot about all these products, but I have found one quite by accident. I use my DDs detangler for kids! Just the regular old Target variety.

I was out of shampoo, so used her Mustela shampoo (great for kids w. wavy hair, btw!) and the detangler that came with it. Just a little bit of detangler.

I'm not 100% sure which it was, but it worked! I also have quite fine, barely wavy hair (it's wavier in soft-water, humid areas, but since I live in a hard-water, semi-desert area...)
    2C (formally 3B), high density, coarse, porosity ?
  • stubbornirishhairstubbornirishhair Posts: 118Registered Users
    I like Giovanni's leave in conditioner, available in Wholefoods and other natural food stores.
    2B wavy thick hair
    Fia=2a M iii
    modified CG since 1/12/06