Why CG?

Ok so why cg?

Wont my hair get greasy and build up-y?
Wont my scalp be itchy?

Im all for it, just my parents have their doubts.
3a?? blonde

Modified CG since 5/07

pw-curly

Comments

• onegirlarmyonegirlarmy Registered Users Posts: 90
    CG will make your hair healthier, and will bring your curls to their full potential.

Your hair and scalp may get greasy at first. It happens to pretty much everyone, but it will go away. I think it takes 3-6 weeks for your hair and scalp to adjust to not using shampoo. There won't be buildup as long as you're using products that have CG friendly ingredients. Well, there may be product buildup, but you can take care of that with an ACV rinse, lemon rinse, or a baking soda rinse.
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    Shampoos with sulfates will strip the natural oil from your hair, making it dry out and loose curl and cause your scalp to produce more oil and become greasy. Conditioner and styling products with silcones can only be removed wtih sulfates, and so your hair gets caught in a vicious cycle where greasy, gunky hair needs to be washed with sulfates which slowly damage your hair.

If your parents have doubts about going shampoo-less, then try a shampoo without sulfates and cut back to a once or twice a week shampoo. You can rinse your hair on other days and use conditioner to detangle. Give it a try for 6 weeks. You and your family may be pleasantly surprised at how pretty and healthy your hair becomes.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file