Applying heat and other things

onegirlarmyonegirlarmy Posts: 90Registered Users
Okay, so I'm wating for my RC color to arrive but I'm trying to get everything figured out before hand.

I'm going from a light/medium brown to a mix of light auburn and light chestnut. I really want red hair (not clownish, but a natural shade) but I saw how red hair really grabs onto curls, that's why I'm mixing it with the chestnut. Do you think 1/2 of each color would be okay?

Also, I have no grays I just want to change my color. But, I have a problem with fading. I noticed people use heat for penetration, but is that only if you have gray hairs?

TIA!

ETA:
I'd like to achieve something like this color box_35.jpg
But if you don't think I can get it that shade, a brownish red would be lovely as well.

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Check out this page, do you like any of the reds there?
    http://www.robertcraig.com/php/index.php?location=celebs

I would do a strand test with a mix of 1/2 and 1/2. If you don't like it, try another strand test with more or less red depending on the first strand test.

Is your hair virgin or colored? Is the color naturally light/medium brown? I looked at your album, your hair seems medium brown. Pretty curls and color. :)

Your fading problem could just be from using peroxide formulas. I would try without heat first and see how it goes.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • onegirlarmyonegirlarmy Posts: 90Registered Users
    I was hoping you'd reply CurliLocks, I've seen all the great advice you've already given to other people :happy7:

My hair is colored the color in my fotki. Naturally, it may be a shade darker. Thank you for the hair compliment!

From the link you sent the dark red on Uma Thurman was really pretty. I already ordered the #12 and #7 though. I saw that I should go a few shades lighter than I thought I'd need, since the color runs dark. I'm not too picky about the exact shade, I just want it to look like a natural red shade.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think the colors you chose might do just fine. Just be sure to do a strand test (you can do it on your head with some hidden hair, just clip it to separate). Write down the time so there are no mistakes when you do the whole thing. Good luck! :) Remember, the color goes on best on clean hair with NO products (no conditioner or stylers).
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • onegirlarmyonegirlarmy Posts: 90Registered Users
    Thank you so much for helping :color: Now to just sit and wait for my order to get here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file