"Invalid Session. Please Resubmit the Form".

WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Registered Users Posts: 780 Curl Connoisseur
I see that message more often than not when I try to post something on any board here.

Usually, it takes me at least 5 resubmits until my message finally posts. Any tips to not seeing this message? Thanks!

Comments

• PeppyPeppy Registered Users Posts: 3,290
    It does the same thing to me. It has actually caused me to post less. Every time I start to post, I stop myself and ask if it's worth the hassle. Most of the time, I just decide my comment isn't that all-fired important.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I usually only get that message when I try to post through AOL. If I go through Internet Explorer, I don't have that problem.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    I have it with AOL too. Chris told me to try Explorer, and I got it there as well, so for me it wasn't AOL specific.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • KeeweeKeewee Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Curl Neophyte
    This has been happening to me too, for the longest time.. I constantly have to log in, everytime I want to post I have to log in, then sometimes I fill the Post a reply and it goes back to the log in page. It is very frustrating..

Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. I keep gettin this message as I try to post this.. 6 times so far
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Registered Users Posts: 780 Curl Connoisseur
    I have log in problems too, even though I check the box that says to keep me logged in.

I've also tried clearing my cookies and then re-logging in like the "log in issues" help says. That only only helps once. If I leave the site, even for a few minutes, I have to re-log in. It's so frustrating! (It happens on AoL and Explorer).
  • KeeweeKeewee Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Curl Neophyte
    So who do we tell this keeps happening
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Keewee wrote:
    So who do we tell this keeps happening

ChrisE
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Registered Users Posts: 4,306
    I have log in problems too, even though I check the box that says to keep me logged in.

I've also tried clearing my cookies and then re-logging in like the "log in issues" help says. That only only helps once. If I leave the site, even for a few minutes, I have to re-log in. It's so frustrating! (It happens on AoL and Explorer).

Ugh, or sometimes when I don't even leave! :protest: I just got told to log in again while trying to post this. :lol:
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • frazalifrazali Registered Users Posts: 364
    I get that message at work (I know, I know, I shouldn't be surfing at work), but not at home. And I think I use IE at both. Who knows why that message comes up, but it's totally annoying.
    Variation of 3B/3C curls.

Amazed that I finally found a method that works for my hair! Diffuse until 60-70% dry, then let air dry for about an hour. Scrunch and leave it alone!

NYC
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I'll make sure Chris sees this. I'm so sorry for the troubles.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Everyone,

I'm sorry you're having all of these problems. I've been looking at this problem and I wish it was one of those that are easy to track down. I've been doing some research on possible solutions for this and just made a change to the posting code. Could everyone on this thread try posting again and let me know how it goes?
    Chris, have you been able to pin down whether the "Invalid Submission" and the fact that the "check box" doesn't work are related? (this is my posting attempt) ;)

ETA: "Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form." It took me 5 tries to post. Sometimes it takes 10 or 12.
    Minneapolis, MN
    Do you mean the checkbox of "keep me logged in?" Is that not working for you either?
    ChrisE wrote:
    Do you mean the checkbox of "keep me logged in?" Is that not working for you either?

The only way I can log in at all is if I check the "keep me logged in" box. If I don't check it, it keeps asking for my ID and password. If I get out of NC.com, I need to re-enter everything when I come back.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • frazalifrazali Registered Users Posts: 364
    Tried it at work again this morning - same problem.
    Variation of 3B/3C curls.

Amazed that I finally found a method that works for my hair! Diffuse until 60-70% dry, then let air dry for about an hour. Scrunch and leave it alone!

NYC
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I have to log in every time I come to the site even though I select log me in on every visit. This has been happening for about a month. It used to work for me and I have not changed browsers or anything.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    OK - I didn't know that. I'll take a look and see what the problem could be. And just to let you know, we're looking at moving away from this message board to a new one in a few weeks. It should take care of all these problems.
    OK, I made an update to the posting code to see if it will help with the "Invalid Session" issues.

As for the inability to remain logged in, I'll have to take a look at it. The problem is it works for me and most others, so I'll need to see what kind of bug you're running into.

Everyone let me know about the posting success/failures.
    It works, it works, thank you Chris!

Now, if you can just figure out how to keep me signed in...
    never happy, sorry!

Minneapolis, MN
    Chris, I still get the "Invalid Session" for PM's, but for regular posts it's working like a charm.
    Minneapolis, MN

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file