Does an ACV rinse do the same thing as a clarifying shampoo?

WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I can't find the Neutrogena clarifying shampoo in the box locally anymore and am wondering if an ACV rinse will serve the same purpose. (removing any build-up/cones).

If not, I need some clarifying poo suggestions that I can get at the drugstore, Sally's or Trade Secret, please.

Comments

• WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks lazy loops! You are my hair question angel today! :angel8:
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I'm pretty sure you'll need to clarify with a poo to remove buildup, especially if you want to launch yourself into a strict CG routine as opposed to an ACV rinse. You need the sulfates to remove the cones. Now, if you've got protein buildup and have been strictly CG, then an ACV may work,

I think Suave has a clarifying poo and it's cheap.
    HTH.
    2b/3a.
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Unless I read the above articles too fast (or just didn't understand them correctly)....am I correct in saying that an ACV won't remove the stubborn stuff that a clarifying shampoo will?
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Unless I read the above articles too fast (or just didn't understand them correctly)....am I correct in saying that an ACV won't remove the stubborn stuff that a clarifying shampoo will?

Right. It won't remove most cones (except the water soluable ones). It will remove metal and protein, etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file