Is anyone else having a bad hair week?

AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
My hair has been all weird this week, is anyone else having this?

Comments

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Sorry, no.
  • CurlsAloudCurlsAloud Posts: 55Registered Users
    Blimey bad hair month for me. No wise words here, just sympathy :sad8:
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    Ugh... I am. Last week, my hair was great. This week... poop. Excessive frizz and stringy curls :cussing:
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    OMG, I'm having the WORST week of hair, ready to cut it all off. Changed out condishes, am now using AO HR and today, I mixed innersense with gel (not too bad, not great). Yesterday, was the worst day ever, I spent the evening doing searches on protein sensitivity and over-conditioned hair, I need a consult with Laurabeth, our conditioner guru.

I. am. suffering. :crybaby:
    2b/3a.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My week has been inconsistent. I've been using JC GLS, which I like, but trying out different gels and leave-ins. Today's combo worked well: GLS, Robert Craig CO (rinsed out) then scrunched in Aura hypoallergenic gel. I used the Innersense to scrunch out the crunch from the gel (just a dab rubbed between my hands). I ended up with nice soft, bouncy curls. :cheers: Who knows what'll happen tomorrow? Every day is an adventure, isn't it??!! :happy2:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• CurlsAloudCurlsAloud Posts: 55Registered Users
    That's what drives me mad about being curly - the inconsistency. One day it looks fab and I love it, the next day a flat, frizzy shapeless mess. :sad1:
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    CurlsAloud wrote:
    That's what drives me mad about being curly - the inconsistency. One day it looks fab and I love it, the next day a flat, frizzy shapeless mess. :sad1:

Yeah, you can use the same products/routine and it's still no guarantee :laughing9:
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • ECCurlyECCurly Posts: 285Registered Users
    ME!! Great hair last week, same products this week...awful hair. Sigh. It seems to be a week on week off thing for me lately. I think it was great last week b/c I threatened it with a huge chop (pixie length...again). After that it was great. This week however, no luck. Guess I'll clarify tomorrow and start the fight over. :boxing:
    VERY fine 2B/3A hair
    Chin-length - growing it out...again.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    That happens to me, too. As soon as I've made the appt. my hair starts acting beautifully a week or so before I go in to get cut, as if it knows!
    2b/3a.
  • younggrasshopperyounggrasshopper Posts: 422Registered Users
    Like you can't even imagine. My hair was just starting to look great after a transition to CG...then fall started being here. Then I went to FL on business. Then I came back to MN where it has been anywhere from 30 to 70 degrees and raining on some days. So my hair that was convincing me that it was really more 3A than 2B has now convinced me that it is just ugly with most of the curls disappearing all together and my hair looking generally dull.

ETA I probably just need to spend some time loving on it tonight and see if it feels less moody tomorrow.
    HCC + Kenra Condish + Biotera Gel and Leave In + diffusing = beautiful 3A spirals :)
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yah- not a great week here either. It all started with me thinking that LOOB would work when it has never ever worked for me before and it went downhill from there.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    My hair's been behaving lately, even survived a trip to Queensland (humidity +++) relatively disaster free. I was actually feeling quite positive about it until this week, when it's just turned to, well, mush really. It rained all day yesterday and I was a big fuzzball when I got home, bad to the point I made my dad go into the deli on the way home to pick up some milk as I was too embarrassed to show my face. What made it worse was that I was going out last night and I felt hideous - the touch up job just didn't work.
    I thought it'd be better today - lots of tlc and my favourite products, but no, we have undefined frizz and a floppy fringe. Oh, and I'm going out again tonight, God only knows what I'll have to do to try and rescue it.
    Sometimes I just want to scream.
    3b in South Australia.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was having a bad hair YEAR, but I recently got a shower water filter and it changed my freaking life. My hair is soft again and holds a curl! woo hoo!
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I spoke too soon because my hair went to 5hit shortly after opening my big fat pie hole! :sad3: It hasn't recovered, not with a clarifying shampoo & deep treatment, not with a regular shampoo & conditioner, not with changing styling products, not with using no styling products. :SIGH:
  • curlsgirlcurlsgirl Posts: 104Registered Users
    Meeeeeeeeeee!I decided to get a trim though I was trying to grow out it was so bad, crunchy ends and icky. I got my hair cut only about an inch or less and thought it hardly showed and THEN I let it dry curly like I usually do and it looked 3 inches shorter. Now I have nice ends but the routine I used this time made it look dry and frizzy and I am beginning to think I cut it for nothing. Sigh. :afro: Also I haven't had the East-West Gilda Ratner thing for a while but it's goin' on again ACCKKKKK!!!!
    3a M iii waist stretched and growing :)
    newpics2-2.jpg
  • cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes! It has finally gotten to the point of just not behaving, and tangly to boot. I have an appointment on Thursday for a trim to get out of this funkiness! Now, on Thursday, I'll bet my hair will look GOOD on the day I go to him.
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file