Hey Brio (& others)! About the Fx products!

I don't know if you saw my response on my Wal*Mart thread about the Fx Special Effects products, but Rite Aid has a buy one get one free special this week so I got a mousse & a gel.

The mousse by itself is great!

Before I scrunched out the minimal crunch, which ended up being soft hair afterwards, I had rocking curls! They've loosened a bit since then, but they usually do after I scrunch out anything. I'm just hoping it has hold & lasts through the day.

I do believe I now have two favorite mousses! :cheers:

Comments

• BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    Great! I'm glad you liked it. Personally, I didn't think the mousse had enough hold by itself, but I sure did like it combined with the fixative gel.

LOts of times, I'll take about a marble size amount of the fixative gel and comb it through with a wide-toothed combe. Then I'll take the mousse and scrunch it in to reform the curls. This usually works pretty well for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    ...They've loosened a bit since then, but they usually do after I scrunch out anything. I'm just hoping it has hold & lasts through the day.

Well after I scrunched out the light crunch & it fell slightly, it continued to fall. So by day's end I had flat hair.

I think either I need to use it with the gel or something else or take it back to the store. :SHRUG:
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I just wanted to post a RAVE about the Fixative Gel. I used this today and just let my hair air dry, which I never do, and today was a great hair day. I'm frizz-free, have great volume, hardly any crunch, soft curls and as far as I'm concerned it looks just as good as when I diffuse. I was so thrilled that I can give my hair a break from the heat that I ran up to CVS this afternoon to get some more. I got the last bottle. I really hope they just need to restock and aren't going to discontinue this! Please say it ain't so! :bounce:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    :cheers:

I talked to the company & they said they're not discontinuing it nor are they changing the formula.

WalMart just stopped carrying it. I think it's a drugstore only product now.

The Vogue International website has a list of who sells this particular gel & WalMart's not on the list. However, WalMart's on the list of retailers for some of the other Fx products. :dontknow:

I still like the mousse, when used with something else that has more hold. It doesn't have enough hold on its own.
    Phew!! Good to know! I'm in CVS all the time in the hair products aisle and the Fixative Gel is always there, but there was only 1 bottle left, so I got a little worried. They had the mousse and all the other stuff. I'll have to check out the website to see who else sells it. Good stuff!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I got really good 2nd day hair today by just spritzing with water and scrunching with wet hands. Another point in the Fixative Gel's favor! :cheers:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file