CurlTalk

Rave for Ava's Aussie Combo!

LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
I'm posting this on both the 2B and 3A boards for the combo that Ava came up with ... what I call Ava's Aussie Combo :lol: . She uses Aussie's Dual Gel+Water under Aussie's Tizz No Frizz and has had great success.

I decided to try it and used it several days this week, all with great success :dance:dance.gif We have high humidity in the Houston area (I'm actually about 30 miles north) and it's worked wonders for keeping me frizz-free. I'm also using Elucence mixed with VO5 MM Strawberries and Cream with a little honey as a leave-in and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] under the Dual.

Thanks again, Ava!
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB

Comments

• Ava79Ava79 Posts: 159Registered Users
    Wow, this is great! *hug* You are SOOO welcome Lavender! I am so excited that the combo is working for you. I hope it works for others as well. I have been using the combo for a little over a month, and it is STILL working! I don't think this success is a one time deal. Please PM with an update as time passes. YAY!!!!! :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Darn girls, I have enough stuff now; but, how can I pass up trying this when you two are raving about it on every board :P

Okay, seriously now, where do you find them? I have a wavy daughter so it works out when I try things I can pass others on :wink: I can find Aussie products, but, not both of these.

TIA,
    Yes Kimberly... the 2 products, ESPECIALLY the Dual Personality Gel+Water, are hard to come by. It says they are "new" on the tubes I have. I don't know where you are from, but in Northern California, where I live, I can find both of them at Longs Drug Stores. I can also get the Tizz No Frizz at Target.
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    I've seen them at Hannaford's where I live. I've also seen them at Target! HTH!
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,477Registered Users
    Ava, this deserves a rave, so you're very welcome :D . I hope others find it's a good combo for them as well.

Kimberly, I get them at Walmart. It does seem to be being bought out. When I went to get some, there was none and ended up finding some across the isle on the very top where they put extras of everything (our store does, anyway). I hope it works for you when/if you try it :D .
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • kjwavykjwavy Posts: 362Registered Users
    I am definitely going to try this combo tomorrow!! I went to take pics of today's 2nd day hair, but the battery was dead :( I had used it the other day to load pics to computer & forgot to charge it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
    Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
    Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
    Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

kjwavy wrote:
    I am definitely going to try this combo tomorrow!! I went to take pics of today's 2nd day hair, but the battery was dead :( I had used it the other day to load pics to computer & forgot to charge it.

Bad kjwavy, bad girl :lol:
    CG-modified since 4/05
    OK, I must add my rave for the AAC :D I've been using it over the RR/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]CCSS[/buylink] combo for the past few days, but this morning, I was in the mood to try something different, so instead of the RR/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]CCSS[/buylink] combo, I used [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG Re:coil[/buylink], then the AAC.

I'm really loving my hair today & will try to take a pic when I get home. It's weird, because it never looks as nice in the pics as when I'm looking at it in the mirror, but whatever makes *us* happy, right?!?!

I really want to try my Noodlehead & ISO Bouncy Creme now, too :) I usually use my creams in the cooler/drier weather, but I *do* like experimenting :lol:

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

kjwavy, I just saw the pics from yesterday - your hair looks great! I'm assuming since you posted this post today that you haven't uploaded from after work? Boy, does that sound a little odd or what :shock: ? :lol:
    CG-modified since 4/05
    kjwavy - VERY nice second day hair pictures 8)

I really have to work on that :? :lol:
    kjwavy, I just saw the pics from yesterday - your hair looks great! I'm assuming since you posted this post today that you haven't uploaded from after work? Boy, does that sound a little odd or what :shock: ? :lol:

Aw, thanks, LavenderCurls - you're just too sweet :D Well, I took the pics yesterday, but I didn't have time to upload (spent 6 freaking hours at the ER - female crapola - thought I would bleed to death & hubby freaked!). My plan is to post them this PM :D

I

Y'all are just way too sweet!! Kimberly, what exactly are you looking for in 2nd day hair? I know I don't have a really strong wave pattern, so as long as mine isn't a total grease ball, I'm OK with it. As I've mentioned before, my hair looks *better* to my eyes in real life than those pics :roll:

I

kjwavy wrote:

Y'all are just way too sweet!! Kimberly, what exactly are you looking for in 2nd day hair? I know I don't have a really strong wave pattern, so as long as mine isn't a total grease ball, I'm OK with it. As I've mentioned before, my hair looks *better* to my eyes in real life than those pics :roll:

I am looking for hair that is not frizzy and huge. My hair tends to grow into 80's hair as I sleep...... :shock:
    My hair can go days without getting greasy at all. ITA about my hair looking better to me than it does in pictures. I am always so disappointed that you girls can't see what I see :D

I hope everything is ok now with the ER visit! Female crappola stinks!! :evil:
    kjwavy wrote:
    Well, I took the pics yesterday, but I didn't have time to upload (spent 6 freaking hours at the ER - female crapola - thought I would bleed to death & hubby freaked!). My plan is to post them this PM :D

Oh my goodness!! I hope you're okay now!!
    CG-modified since 4/05
    Lisa - I am fine now, thank you :D It was something that has NEVER happened to me, & my DH freaked!! I do have a dr appt this week, so I'll know for sure if it WAS anything to be concerned about :D

I

So, how'd your appointment go?
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • aclark2aclark2 Posts: 6Registered Users
    About the Aussi Combo, do you put the gel+water on while hair is dripping wet, or after plopping? I'm really new to this community so detailed steps (or a link to them) would be great. Thanks!!!
    Ashley
    2b with a little 3a here and there
    aclark2 wrote:
    About the Aussi Combo, do you put the gel+water on while hair is dripping wet, or after plopping? I'm really new to this community so detailed steps (or a link to them) would be great. Thanks!!!
    Ashley

WELCOME Ashley! I personally don't plop. Well I scrunch into hair that has been blotted lightly, but is still dripping wet. As I scrunch the gel in, I scrunch out some water as well. It is important to listen for the "squishy" sound. "Squish" is good. Then I scrunch in the second gel.
  • aclark2aclark2 Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks Ava! I'll pick up some of the gel+water when I go back to walmart. Ash
    2b with a little 3a here and there
  • lasvegascurlslasvegascurls Posts: 8Registered Users
    Okay, I've been convinced- I ordered some Tizz and Gel/Water tonight from drugstore.com since i can't seem to find either anywhere here in Vegas. I'll be waiting anxiously to try it!
    2b/3a(in spots): trying to get back to a modified CG rountine after some time off.

Goal Hair Role Model: Joss Stone
    Okay, I've been convinced- I ordered some Tizz and Gel/Water tonight from drugstore.com since i can't seem to find either anywhere here in Vegas. I'll be waiting anxiously to try it!

Be sure and let us know how you like it!
    CG-modified since 4/05
  • RipplesRipples Posts: 40Registered Users
    lasvegascurls: I found both at Wal-Mart (specifically, the one on Stewart/Nellis), but that was a couple of months ago. I hope they still carry these, as this is one of my faves!
    Karyn

3A/f/ii CG since Aug 17, 2005...HG's: AHC, CK, Re:coil & GFSCC
  • lasvegascurlslasvegascurls Posts: 8Registered Users
    I'm in the NW, but i'll take a look at the WalMart on W.Flamingo. Thanks for the heads up!
    2b/3a(in spots): trying to get back to a modified CG rountine after some time off.

Goal Hair Role Model: Joss Stone