We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Thousand Oaks, CA stylist recommendation?

KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
As some of you know, I moved to CA this past summer. After one bad experience with a stylist right after we moved here, I'm gunshy to say the least, but really need a haircut. Any chance that we have another curly in my area who can recommend a stylist? I'd be so greatful!
3a/2c
Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon

Comments

• pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users
    I don't have a personal recommendation. I can't recall for sure, but I thought I saw a Deva stylist in Simi Valley listed on the Deva website. I know that's not TO, but it's not too far. I'll try to find the link.

ETA: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.devaconcepts.com%2F" class="Popup

Here's one in Thousand Oaks from the Deva website:

Jamie's Hair Design
    Thousand Oaks CA
    Brenda Frias - cut and color
    Lissette Monagas - cut and color
    805-496-4747
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You are quick, PinkSugar! Thank you. I did see the recommendation for Jaime's but am hesitant to go there, because that is where I went last time. It was bad because it was an experience in high pressure sales for color, etc. Worse, while she gave a decent cut, she didn't listen to me at all and cut much more than I asked for...she cut 4-5 inches to my 1-2 inch request! Of course, it may just have been her, but at the time, I swore I'd never walk in there again. I may just go ahead and call that Simi salon, unless I get lucky and some one here can tell me about the Deva trained stylists at Jaime's. Thanks again.
    3a/2c
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Bumping...
    3a/2c
  • niallniall Posts: 2Registered Users
    staying soon in Westlake Village near Thousand Oaks...any recommendations of Deva/Curly hair trained stylists nearby? I need to get a cut and color and style for son's wedding....

which stylist did you see/not like at Jaime's?
  • funnygirl1funnygirl1 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I go to Andrea at Hair Impressions on Thousand Oaks Blvd.
    She has naturally curly hair and therefore better understands my needs.
    Just my two cents!

Andrea (805) 558-7992
  • curlingcurling Posts: 1Registered Users
    I went based on your recommendation. I was happy with the result.
    -Mo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file