Is this spam?

PhDCowPhDCow Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Curl Connoisseur
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=116474

The same topic's also on the Parenting forum, so I'm guessing this is spam.
God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

Comments

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I was just coming to post about this on the Parenting forum:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=116475

I looked at the profile and this user looks like a real curly active on the hair board, but she posted this exact same message on several forums.

BTW, I did not find anything in the rules specifically about commercial solicitation messages not being allowed. If it's there and I didn't see it, good. If not, I think this is something you want to address. Same with cross-posting the same thing on multiple forums.

Also, I just realized maybe the rules and guidelines post should 1. Have bullet points, followed by further elaborations. It's a lot to digest in paragraph form. Maybe the format should be a improved for ease of use and 2. Should have a separate link that is always in the header so it is easier to get to. I always have to think for a few minutes to find where it is.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    geeky wrote:
    I was just coming to post about this on the Parenting forum:
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/viewtopic.php?t=116475

I looked at the profile and this user looks like a real curly active on the hair board, but she posted this exact same message on several forums.

BTW, I did not find anything in the rules specifically about commercial solicitation messages not being allowed. If it's there and I didn't see it, good. If not, I think this is something you want to address. Same with cross-posting the same thing on multiple forums.

Also, I just realized maybe the rules and guidelines post should 1. Have bullet points, followed by further elaborations. It's a lot to digest in paragraph form. Maybe the format should be a improved for ease of use and 2. Should have a separate link that is always in the header so it is easier to get to. I always have to think for a few minutes to find where it is.

Good suggestions, Geeky. I'd be grateful (to the tune of a CurlMart Gift Certificate!) if someone would like to take on this project, at least in terms of reformatting it. I can elaborate on the points, if someone wants to reformat and point out areas that need clarification/elaboration.

In terms of this particular post, I agree, and SuZen and I are communicating via PM to address the situation.

Sorry for the delay... I was staffing the painting station at a kindergarten fall party! My sparkly hands prove it! :)

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • PhDCowPhDCow Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for looking into this!
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    It's also on the Makeup/skin care forum. :?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file