CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix

Did it change? The last time I bought it was last year and loved it. I bought a new tub and I've used it a few times now and my hair is not happy. It could just be that the weather is getting colder. It's not detangling well for me, which is weird because it's so thick. Anyone know if it changed?
3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls

Comments

• jeamariajeamaria Posts: 1,851Registered Users
    I don't know if they changed it, but I did notice that same sort of change on my hair from the first use, when I really liked it, to nearly hating it by the end of the jar. Maybe it's a weather thing, or the effect of other stuff you might have been using in your hair?
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    I hope it didn't change!

I got a tub a few months ago but I'm still using up an older tub. I can compare the ingredient listing when I get home.

I HAVE noticed a change in the consistency of the HB leave-in for fine hair. It seems a lot thicker to me, sometimes even hard to get out of the bottle, and that makes it hard to distribute on my hair.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Okely dokely.

Comparing label from older tub to new tub, I found NO NEW ingredients, and NO ELIMINATED ingredients.

However, the order of 2 ingredients has changed. Which could also be a label typo/printing error, which I wonder about since on the new tub an ingredient is now listed twice (it's one of those at the very end, a preservative I think).

Old tub:
    distilled water (infused with hibiscus rosa sinensis linn--hibiscus--petals), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium methosulfate, honey, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, panthenol, musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, hydrolyzed oat flour, plantago species (plantain) leaf extract, olea europaea (olive) oil, astrocaryum murumuru butter, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia nut) seed oil, theobroma grandiflorum (cupuacu) seed butter, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, peg-7 olivate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, glycerin, guar hydroxypropyltimonium chloride, propylene glycol, diazolindyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcaramate, tetrasodium edta, fragrance

New tub:
    distilled water (infused with hibiscus rosa sinensis linn--hibiscus--petals), aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, honey, behentrimonium methosulfate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) fruit, panthenol, musa sapientum (banana) fruit extract, hydrolyzed oat flour, plantago species (plantain) leaf extract, olea europaea (olive) oil, astrocaryum murumuru butter, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, macadamia ternifolia (macadamia nut) seed oil, theobroma grandiflorum (cupuacu) seed butter, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel wax, peg-7 olivate, disodium cocoamphodiacetate, glycerin, guar hydroxypropyltimonium chloride, propylene glycol, diazolindyl urea, iodopropynyl butylcaramate, tetrasodium edta, fragrance, disodium cocoamphodiacetate (already listed 6 ingredients ago)

They look and smell the same.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • gryantmarch2stepgryantmarch2step Posts: 454Registered Users
    Hmm, interesting...I don't know what's going on with this conditioner but it's definately not working like it used to. I've been using it on a regular basis and its either the conditioner or my hair adjusting to the weather.
    3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
    Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file