CurlTalk

Have not had a good hair day since finishing HE HD gel--help

I just realized that the incessant frizziness and bad hair I've been having for the past few months started right after I finished up my old tube of HE HD gel. I've tried the SMU and TT versions, they were OK but still I have frizzy nasty hair. I've tried a lot of other gels and creams and they all wind up coating my hair or not doing squat for the frizz. Or coating my hair AND leaving me frizzy! Any tips for gels that can control frizz as well as the old HD gel, without heavy 'cones or lanolin, beeswax, castor oil, etc?
2C in most weather, but in summertime I impersonate a 3 very very well!

Comments

• cmariecmarie Posts: 40Registered Users
    HEBE and/or L.A. Durahold--I love both of these gels! Although can be crunchy easy to scrunch. I pair with Deva Once C and Rockin'Ringlets. Works well. Hair Type: 3A?? or something close depending on the day!
  • DrainCloggerDrainClogger Posts: 73Registered Users
    I've not seen the Durahold around here...wouldn't it be ironic if the best replacement gel for me was the 1 of the three that I did NOT already try?
    2C in most weather, but in summertime I impersonate a 3 very very well!
  • cmariecmarie Posts: 40Registered Users
    I can only find it at Longs Drugs.
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    Soma Hard Hold Gel (at some Trade Secrets/Beauty Expresses), AG Styling Jel Firm Hold, and ISO Daily Styling Gel all gave me similar results to HE HD gel. Unfortunately, they're all salon brands so more $.
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • sundaysunday Posts: 535Registered Users
    No advice, but I do have a tube of HE HDG that I used maybe twice. I'll send it to you, if you want, and you could save it for special occasions. I know what it's like to have your HG discontinued.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    Which one is/was that?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    Have you tried the Alagio crazy curl balm yet? It may work well for you, I love it.
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!