Pineapple question for 2nd day curls

bmichligbmichlig Registered Users Posts: 27
OK, I've been putting my hair into a pineapple nightly for quite a long time, mostly because it's just too long to leave down and it strangles me at night if I don't contain it.

I turn upside down and gather it all on top of my head, loosely, then use a scrunchie to hold it hop there, sort of doubled.

In the am, I take it down and it is just a mess. Tangled, knotted, flat and frizzy. It is unresponsive to spritizing and spraying with [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Awe-Inspiraling-Spray-p-102.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-awe-inspiraling-spray]Awe Inspiraling Spray[/buylink] and/ore Gelabration. I think it is quite thick and dense and the product can't get through without a lot of help from a wide toothed comb. So I either wet it in the shower, condition and start over, or I brush it and run a flat iron or curling iron through it to make it look unfrizzed, then I put it up.

I'd really love to learn how to have curls on day 2 (or 3 or 4), and to not look like a bag lady.

What are your secrets?
3a-b/m/iii
Modified CG
Love Jessicurl products.

You can never be too moist or too conditioned!

Comments

• mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Registered Users Posts: 1,271 Curl Novice
    When I had long hair, I pineappled by putting it in a loose bun on top of my head. I have really thick hair so keeping it in a bun prevented any unnecessary movement and tangling. The curl was pulled out a bit in the morning, but it was fine.
  • FrizzBucketFrizzBucket Registered Users Posts: 62
    Normally I cowash then plop overnight, unleash it from the t shirt in the morning and it looks pretty good! However if i don't have time to wash in the evening i have found if you just sleep with your hair spread out of the pillow behind you (so your not sleeping on it) then you wake up with fairly lively curls! Although this is not a very good method if you move about in your sleep a lot.... I usually mix a dab of pink boots or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Confident-Coils-Styling-Solution-p-116.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-confident-coils-styling-solution]confident coils[/buylink] solution with a little bit of lavender water to revive droopy curls!

:alien:
    3a/3b In the Uk.

Currently Tresemme Conditioner
    Boots pink curl cream
    Wella shockwaves gel
    :nike:

Embrace the Frizz!!
  • eweniqueewenique Registered Users Posts: 1,502 Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried sleeping on a satin pillowcase? You could also try putting the loose ends in a hair net on top of the pineapple to contain them - looks like a bun. You could also try misting your hair before pineappling so that it is a little damp. It seems that not many curly girls can actually get 2nd day hair, unless they have tight curls.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • curlyoperasingercurlyoperasinger Registered Users Posts: 10
    What I really like to do and it makes my hair super curly. I co wash at night and then I bend over and scrunch my hair, hold it on the top of my head and use a clip to keep it on top. Then I take all the left over hair and do the same. I do this wet. But I scrunch as I do it and clip it down in a scrunched fashion. When I wake up in the morning, I take out the clips and shake out my hair and I have wild, sexy curls. This is my husband's favorite style...
    He used to only like it when I blow dryed my hair wavy. go fig
    :wink:
    DevaCurl LowPoo, Careone conditioner, Angel and set it free!!
    Hair cut is DevaCut by Adrian at MaduSalon in SF, CA, love it!
    3a/2c and Loving it! :toothy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file