CurlTalk

Is B&A Gel OK for 3C Hair?

shrinkstershrinkster Posts: 99Registered Users
So many people rave about this gel but I want to make sure that 3C'ers use is and like it. Also, can you get Fantasia IC gel at the drugstore?
Hair: Medium Texture, Normal Porosity, Low elasticity
Curl Pattern:3C

Poo: KC Come Clean (once/wk)
Clarify: Ouidad Water Works (once/month)
RO: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom
LI: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom
Gels: HETT and FSG
DT: CJCR (once/wk)
PT: Yogurt with coconut oil and avocado oil (once/month)

Comments

• eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Posts: 4,144Registered Users
    Don't know about the B&A gel, but you should be able to buy the Fantasia IC gel at most drugstores. I know that Walgreens carries it, and if you can't find it there, they definitely sell it at Sallys.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs211.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fbb133%2Fshyygirl_2007%2F" class="Popup
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fnaturalurbanista.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Ftinyurl.com%2F3yxneol" class="Popup

DC metro area
  • skywatcherskywatcher Posts: 429Registered Users
    shrinkster, I was just looking at another thread where you say you think you are sensitive to protein.. The B&A Gel may not be the best choice for you then, because it does have proteins.
    3a/2c
    Long layers, past BSL
    Loving: CON poo, Elucence MBC, Jessicurl WDT, B&A Gel.
    SLS free poos since Feb 6/05
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    So many people rave about this gel but I want to make sure that 3C'ers use is and like it. Also, can you get Fantasia IC gel at the drugstore?

Well, I am 3b/c and love it. However, Curls2grow has 3c or 3b/c hair (I'm not sure since she's not posted any pictures), tried it and it dried her hair out - I think her hair didn't like the proteins in it.

Also, ditto what Shyygirl said about Fantasia IC.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • shrinkstershrinkster Posts: 99Registered Users
    skywatcher wrote:
    shrinkster, I was just looking at another thread where you say you think you are sensitive to protein.. The B&A Gel may not be the best choice for you then, because it does have proteins.

Thank you! I was wondering about that. I have to be careful because since I stopped using products with protein my hair feels so much better.

Thanks to all who responded. This website is great! :grouphug:grouphug.gif
    Hair: Medium Texture, Normal Porosity, Low elasticity
    Curl Pattern:3C

Poo: KC Come Clean (once/wk)
    Clarify: Ouidad Water Works (once/month)
    RO: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom
    LI: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom
    Gels: HETT and FSG
    DT: CJCR (once/wk)
    PT: Yogurt with coconut oil and avocado oil (once/month)
  • gryantmarch2stepgryantmarch2step Posts: 454Registered Users
    I have been experimenting with CK & B & A gel and don't seem to like it. But...I've also been using Biolage Gelee & love it!! The B & A is watery & I haven't tried it w/out anything underneath. I would try Biolage gelee.
    3B~Botticelli/3C~ Corkicelli~Blonde
    Faves: B&A Gel, BRHG, ReCoil, KC Knot Today, Curl Junkie CCCC

PW: dmbcurls