Bringing baby to place of worship?

PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
I'd like to bring Solomon to temple with us, as he's young enough that he'll probably sleep right through services. My plan is to sit on an aisle so if he wakes and becomes noisy I can take him out immediately, to not disturb others' worship.

I'm trying to decide if I should bring him in his stroller or wear him in my Hotsling. My first thought was the stroller (especially if he falls asleep in the car on the way there, I can just snap him in without waking him), but I'm worried the aisle may be too narrow and the stroller will be obtrusive. The Hotsling is hit or miss - sometimes when I put him in it he's content and falls asleep, other times he fusses. Plus, with the sling only I can take him out whereas if he's in the stroller my husband could also take him out.

Does anyone here bring their baby to church/temple/other services? What do you do?
Faith, 3Aish redhead
Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    What do other folks there do? If strollers are the norm and acceptable, I'd take the stroller. If not, use the sling. Slings are nice for keeping other people from touching your baby. A husband can wear a sling too...
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    All the ones I go to have a baby/family room with big windows and speakers. Are you sure yours doesn't?

If I didn't have that, I'd carry the baby in in the carseat thingy and just take him out of it when I got to my seat and hold him in my arms. I'd pass him to DH if I got tired holding him. (Just not a sling person...but a sling would be fine, too.) Yeah, I'd sit on the end in case he started screaming. But Catholic mass is only an hour. I'm not sure how long your service would be, or if you're sitting or standing for most of it...

• jcejce Registered Users Posts: 512 Curl Connoisseur
    I would use the carseat thing too. If he's asleep when you get there, you can just leave him in, assuming the seat fits in whatever sort of seating arrangement is in the temple. If he wakes up, then take him out. Our church has a nursery too, so when babies get fussy, they can go in there.
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    When we used to take Liam to Mass when he was a small-fry. We would keep him in the car seat / carrier... I would sit on the aisle and rock it back and forth...

We he got really fussy i would take him out and he would sit on my lap.

~d
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I would bring the sling. If he's asleep, you could bring him in in the carseat, and if he's awake wear him in the hotsling.
    A husband can wear a sling too...

I seriously doubt Pixie's husband could fit into her Hotsling, given their size difference. ;)
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I would bring the sling. If he's asleep, you could bring him in in the carseat, and if he's awake wear him in the hotsling.

This is what I'm thinking, keep my options open and make it a game-time decision.
    Bailey422 wrote:
    A husband can wear a sling too...

I seriously doubt Pixie's husband could fit into her Hotsling, given their size difference. ;)

Yeah definitely not! We can both use the Bjorn, but it's not as quick to take on and off.

Thanks for all the replies!
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    People usually carry their babies. The slink sounds good, but try them both.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Registered Users Posts: 4,476 Curl Connoisseur
    Bailey's suggestion is great.
    I always took my kids in a carseat/carrier and sat at the very back on the aisle. The door was next to me and I could easily slip out. With my 3rd I used a double stroller because it was easier with 2 toddlers, a baby and a huge diaper bag. We met in a school auditorium, though, so not a traditional 'house of worship.'
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I bring baby to mass every week. I don't bring the stroller as it is just in the way. I wear or carry him and since we drive there the car seat is there as backup but we don't have him in it much.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• deezee02deezee02 Registered Users Posts: 1,509
    at first we would keep Steven in the car seat.

Now he sits on our laps.

We have always sat in the back on the isle so he can dart out if he gets fussy
    58eCm4.png
    SCxkm4.png

Come swag with me!
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    majerle went to mass in her carseat because she was asleep when we got there. but the 2 times whes been to my parents church, she just sat on our laps. it went pretty well. for some odd reason religious services make her poop, so thats the only time i had to take her out.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file