Diaper Bags

velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
I haven't bought a diaper bag yet, mostly because I haven't seen anything that has really moved me toward a purchase.

Please tell me about your most favorite diaper bags. I'm at a loss here.
3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png

Comments

• CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Registered Users Posts: 1,198
    I got a cute one as a gift over the summer that was handmade. It's just a simple tote bag with pockets on the inside and the pattern is one with Curious George. It's cute, but something my husband wouldn't mind carrying.

I do however lust over the Vera Bradley baby bag in Java Blue though.....
    3b (I think!)
    HGs - Suave Nexxus Knockoff, Jessicurl Weekly DT, L'Oreal Out of Bed, HESMU.
    http://public.fotki.com/CurlyGlamourGirlie
    http://curlyglamourgirlie.blogspot.com
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    I have these two:

pTRU1-3226949dt.jpg

and

6429_SVPK_d2.jpg

The first one was only $50 at Babies R Us (though I registered for it and got it as a gift). The second was an anniversary gift from my husband and a lot more than $50.

My sister had a Vera Bradley, but they're not really my style.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I always liked the Lands' End diaper bags. They come in different sizes, are gender neutral, lots of nice pockets, including insulated pockets for bottles, they're affordable, and, they're "Guaranteed. Period."

The "Little Tripper" which is good for day use is $19.50. The "Do It All" is $29.50 and you can pack for a weekend in it. They have a backpack version that is $39.50.

http://tinyurl.com/2o2dxw
  • jcejce Registered Users Posts: 512 Curl Connoisseur
    We have a green one from Eddie Bauer. It's functional, holds enough, and my husband will carry it too. That's all I really wanted, so I don't care that it doesn't look that great - it works.
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I had a blech, boring one from Eddie Bauer last time -- navy canvas w/ a window pane check pattern. (What was I thinking?)

This time I think I will buy something from the Timi and Leslie line at Zappos or one of the Le Sportsacs. (But I'm taking suggestions, too.) I want something washable, well designed and lthat ooks good w/ my clothes. No back packs.

Timi and Leslie (lots of patterns available)
    6627-536575-d.jpg

Le Sportsac (lots of patterns available)
    7528_4776.jpg

• PhDCowPhDCow Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Curl Connoisseur
    I had a LeSportsac diaper bag for a while after Emma was born and I loved it. My only complaint was that the nylon was too flexible, so unless you had it stuffed, it didn't look right.
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I'm trying hard not to buy new stuff, but those Timi & Leslie bags are cute.

I have a Lands End diaper bag in black microfiber that I like for longer trips, it fits lots of stuff/. Not sure if they still have the microfiber bags, though.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    PhDCow wrote:
    I had a LeSportsac diaper bag for a while after Emma was born and I loved it. My only complaint was that the nylon was too flexible, so unless you had it stuffed, it didn't look right.

not enough junk in the bag? I don't think that will be a problem for me! LOL

Which pattern did you have?

I like LeSportsac, don't you? I've had a few of their bags over the years.

• velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    Oh, I hadn't even thought of LeSportsac ... I love some of their prints. I didn't know they made diaper bags.

I think some fo the Eddie Bauer bags might be good for DH. I need to get him his own "manly" diaper bag, because anything I'd want to carry myself, he won't like.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    Having at least one diaper bag with a zipper is a must! When I last flew with DS, I was cursing my backpack diaper bag that only snapped closed.

Like RCW - I really like the Land's End ones. I'm even more happy that some of the Canadian Retailers are carrying them up here. Now only if they would adjust for the parity of the dollar!
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Registered Users Posts: 2,671 Curl Neophyte
    I have a few. A friend bought me a diaper bag from Red Envelope. I mostly liked it but it didn't stay on my shoulder right. Then I bought a Bumble Bag in a nice practical print that I hoped wouldn't offend my husband too much.

madeline-bluelatte-front_zoom.gif

It's backpack style which I really liked when dealing with a tiny squirmy baby.

At about a year old when Xander didn't need as much stuff, I bought what I wanted. No thinking about Daddy at all. Guess what, he carries it anyway! I bought a Petunia Picklebottom toddler tote. I love this bag!

toddler_tote_coconut1.jpg

For imaginary baby number two, I will likely get another PP in one of the larger sizes. I love the bright happy prints.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
    PhDCow wrote:

not enough junk in the bag? I don't think that will be a problem for me! LOL

Which pattern did you have?

I like LeSportsac, don't you? I've had a few of their bags over the years.

It was called "Storybook" and it was pretty bunnies, puppies, and chicks drawn in a very sweet nature. They don't make it anymore unfortunately.

I really do like LeSportsac. I have a couple of tote bags that I use during the summer and I love how easy they are to throw in the washer and be done with them.
    God doesn't give special kids to special parents. He takes ordinary, imperfect people, and gifts them with his greatest treasures. And therein, he creates special parents.

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    My favourite is by Juicy Couture and it is expensive ($350....) but I love it.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    I had two (one from Target and one from ebags)---and I didn't really use them. I found that everything I needed (changing pad, extra outfit, wipes, receiving blanket, burp cloth and 2-3 diapers) could fit into a small toiletry kit which went into a tote or one of my larger handbags. Nursing solved the bottle issue.
  • sundaysunday Registered Users Posts: 535
    I also have a petunia picklebottom toddler tote. I love it. It fits all my son's son, plus a bunch of my stuff, since I don't carry a purse if I'm carrying the diaper bag. Plus, you can wear it over your shoulder, across your chest, or as a backpack.
    3 something
    fotki pw: sunday
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    gemini wrote:
    I had two (one from Target and one from ebags)---and I didn't really use them. I found that everything I needed (changing pad, extra outfit, wipes, receiving blanket, burp cloth and 2-3 diapers) could fit into a small toiletry kit which went into a tote or one of my larger handbags. Nursing solved the bottle issue.

Ditto. I found that I'm just not a diaper bag person. I always have a tote in the car that has a stash of diapers, wipes, snacks, a sippy, some toys and an extra change of clothes. Then I just toss a diaper and wipes and a snack in the stroller basket or my normal handbag and go.

When DS was really small, I had a Skip Hop bag that fit onto my stroller.

If I have to carry a bag (for example when travelling) then I prefer a backpack so that my hands are free. I have the Kecci Shanghai.

• medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    I have as many diaper bags as I do strollers. :lol:

I have a two GAP diaper bags. One is solid pink, the other pink gingham with a zipper.

A pink Skip Hop

A black Nine West

A black Kate Spade messenger style bag

And my Coach, which I got last spring. It's a diaper bag that doubles as a laptop/business tote:

coach_blackleatherdiaperbagnew.jpg

Mine isn't black, though. It's camel colored.
    medussa wrote:
    I have as many diaper bags as I do strollers. :lol:

I have a two GAP diaper bags. One is solid pink, the other pink gingham with a zipper.

A pink Skip Hop

A black Nine West

A black Kate Spade messenger style bag

And my Coach, which I got last spring. It's a diaper bag that doubles as a laptop/business tote:

I've seen her Coach in person and I LOVE it.

• realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    Oh, I hadn't even thought of LeSportsac ... I love some of their prints. I didn't know they made diaper bags.

I think some fo the Eddie Bauer bags might be good for DH. I need to get him his own "manly" diaper bag, because anything I'd want to carry myself, he won't like.

Just FYI- our Eddie Bauer did not hold up well. The stitching came apart within the first year.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • shellibeanshellibean Registered Users Posts: 4,500
    We have three. The one I use is a black bowlign ball bag looking bag with a tatto looking heart that says "TRUE LOVE" across it. It's bad-aass. My husbadn carries a more manly diaper bag that is canvas and whiskey colored leather with his fav. football team's logo tooled into the leather. It's pretty nice. The third is Camo and orange.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • LieselLiesel Registered Users Posts: 189
    I got a cute one as a gift over the summer that was handmade. It's just a simple tote bag with pockets on the inside and the pattern is one with Curious George. It's cute, but something my husband wouldn't mind carrying.

I do however lust over the Vera Bradley baby bag in Java Blue though.....

My SIL bought me that exact bag and print for me. I love it but use it for myself more than a diaper bag. The two straps are a pain. One always falls down. We bought the new sling bag in both the pink and blue mod floral. And then we have a plain black suede one.

• LieselLiesel Registered Users Posts: 189
    medussa wrote:

Ooooh, I love this. I think it is going on my Christmas list.

• wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    DarkAngel wrote:
    I have a few. A friend bought me a diaper bag from Red Envelope. I mostly liked it but it didn't stay on my shoulder right. Then I bought a Bumble Bag in a nice practical print that I hoped wouldn't offend my husband too much.

At about a year old when Xander didn't need as much stuff, I bought what I wanted. No thinking about Daddy at all. Guess what, he carries it anyway! I bought a Petunia Picklebottom toddler tote. I love this bag!

For imaginary baby number two, I will likely get another PP in one of the larger sizes. I love the bright happy prints.

I love the PP bags. I just lost a bid on ebay for a new one. I will keep trying though. I don't want to pay full price!
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Liesel wrote:
    medussa wrote:

Ooooh, I love this. I think it is going on my Christmas list.

DH got this diaper bag for me last Christmas. I love it. Although now, it's more than I need.

I just recently switched over to the Landsend Little Tripper that we got as a baby gift. It's much smaller but more convenient now that Chas is bigger. I love it. I didn't think I would like it when I first got it but it's very convenient.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    A nice leather bag (like Medussa's) sounds pretty good to me. Hmmmmmm, decisions, decisions.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I have a really obnoxious PP that I LOVE. Little girls and old ladies are always chasing me down to find out where it came from. I also have a Kate Spade that's huge but I think they've discontinued the style.

I have a few others, but I mostly stick to those. I'm really liking that Timi and Leslie business, tho.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    DarkAngel wrote:

I love the PP bags. I just lost a bid on ebay for a new one. I will keep trying though. I don't want to pay full price!

I have a friend who might sell one to you. Want me to check?
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    jce wrote:
    We have a green one from Eddie Bauer. It's functional, holds enough, and my husband will carry it too. That's all I really wanted, so I don't care that it doesn't look that great - it works.

i have a green eddie bauer one too. and yes, the man will carry it. he refuses to use the shoulder strap...carries it like a briefcase. but he wouldnt touch the pink one someon gave me as a baby shower gift.
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    DarkAngel wrote:

I have a friend who might sell one to you. Want me to check?

Wow thanks for the offer. I'll definitely let you know. So far I'm winning a couple of bids. I may end up with more than one of these bags! LOL
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • SpiderSpider Registered Users Posts: 3,381 Curl Neophyte
    We have 3 of them, which we rarely use. Because DH has the baby during the day, I put a khaki green one on our registry and got it- it's nice and roomy, but I keep it in the truck of my car. If we're going into a restaurant or whatever I throw the bottles in a bottle tote, and a diaper and compact wipe container into my big old purse and just carry that.

pTRU1-2787497reg.jpg

The other two were given to us by my nephew's wife (they didn't use them)- a black Gap backback that stays at DH's work and a cute black Kate Spade that I've taken out once or twice ( similar to the Coach tote above)
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file