Has anyone tried/mastered the Tracee Ross Poof?

thick&curlythick&curly Registered Users Posts: 5
Hi Everyone...

I was wondering if anyone has mastered the Tracee Poof?

I'm thinking that it would have to do with the amount and type of product used...but I just wanted to see if someone has a technique to get her kinda controlled, poofy look on first day hair? Just curious...

Here's some pics that I found...first starting off with her defined curls and then to her poofier version.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1057/wi20010224_TracyRoss_Vespa_150567.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Ross%2C%20Tracee%20Ellis&seq=75

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3361/TraceeElli_Grant_5514891_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Ross%2C%20Tracee%20Ellis&seq=111

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/1741/TraceeElli_Grani_738314_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Ross%2C%20Tracee%20Ellis&seq=121

Can't wait to hear your thoughts...

Comments

• curlicurli Registered Users Posts: 857 Curl Neophyte
    For starters Tracee is my hair idol! 2nd she texlaxes. That's why her hair is much loose or "poofier". When you texlax you have more "control" of your hair. She also does a lot of twists & braid outs. Her hair is still fly..

HTH!!
  • hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Registered Users Posts: 2,159
    Just wanted to say her hair is amazing!
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • legette68legette68 Registered Users Posts: 216
    Yes, I love her hair as well and she is also one of my hair idols. What exactly is texlax by the way?
    Thick, coarse 3C hair:coffee:
    BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
    Second time around!

http://public.fotki.com/legette68
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    texlax=texturizer/weak relaxer

when i use my denman and brush my hair straight back like im going to put it in a ponytail, i tend to get results like the last picture.
    A mild texturizer.
  • zahrazahra Registered Users Posts: 202
    Can anyone recommend a good at-home texlax? I want something to soften the edges of my hair and maybe loosen up my curls a little.
    3c and 4a. DevaCurl No Poo, Curls Milkshake and Souffle. BC in April 2007.
  • legette68legette68 Registered Users Posts: 216
    Would a texturizer change the quality or integrity of your hair? Would it make it more vulnerable for damage?
    Thick, coarse 3C hair:coffee:
    BC Feb 2009/ relaxer free since 06/08
    Second time around!

http://public.fotki.com/legette68
    legette68 wrote:
    Would a texturizer change the quality or integrity of your hair? Would it make it more vulnerable for damage?

Yes & no. It depends on how you care for your hair. You can get a texlax & as long as you treat it every week, you should be fine..
    a texturizer is a relaxer. so it changes the structure of your hair, just like a relaxer. there is no professional difference between the two. so youd have to take the same precautions as you would with a regular relaxer.
  • thick&curlythick&curly Registered Users Posts: 5
    Thanks for the replies...I just love her hair...it's so versatile and she has so many cute hairstyles.

Subbrock, good suggestion about brushing hair back with a denman...I'm going to try that one out!
  • jeamariajeamaria Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    subbrock wrote:
    texlax=texturizer/weak relaxer

when i use my denman and brush my hair straight back like im going to put it in a ponytail, i tend to get results like the last picture.

Does this happen anytime you brush your hair or just when you do it back for a ponytail? That used to happen to me when I wore ponytails more frequently, but I always thought it was a combo of the brushing and the fact the hair was stretched out by pulling it back.
    it happens when i brush/comb my hair back. for my usual shake n gos after i detangle i usually shake my hair so that it doesnt look like that. but when i dont, especially after using the denman, the curls stay clumped and it dries in that joan clayton pyramid puff.
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    Thats usually what my hair looks like anyway, really. :?
  • curlynikkicurlynikki Registered Users Posts: 2,420 Curl Neophyte
    Meghuney wrote:

If thats the case, then you must have some gorgeous hair! I love "Joans" hair :D
  • MeghuneyMeghuney Registered Users Posts: 4,263
    curlynikki wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:

If thats the case, then you must have some gorgeous hair! I love "Joans" hair :D

I like my hair with more volume. I really have flatter hair, but I do whatever I can to make it poofier.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file