Ack! Forgot pump parts!

fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
I can't believe I did this. Well, I guess I can. We had a rough night/morning with little sleep that ended up with me pumping at 4 AM. When I left for work at 7:30, I thought I had left my horns and valves in the fridge at work, so I didn't check. I got to work and just went to pump and there were no valves and horns in my fridge. I burst into tears. DH is bringing the parts and the baby so we can nurse and I can pump this afternoon. I feel so stupid. Why didn't I check?
Hair type: 3A/B
I lurk, therefore, I am.
My Blog

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    fuzzbucket wrote:
    Why didn't I check?

Because you got no sleep and were up at 4 in the morning? Give yourself a break! ((HUGS))
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I did that a few times. Ended up keeping a spare set of horns and bottles and things at work just in case.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Registered Users Posts: 996 Curl Connoisseur
    geeky wrote:
    I did that a few times. Ended up keeping a spare set of horns and bottles and things at work just in case.

That is the usual plan. I have two sets of everything, but I brought the work set home to clean, since my sink at work is plugged. I just forgot. Also, I never did get to clean the parts since I apparently cannot detach DS from me when I'm home from work or he has a meltdown.

So.Tired.
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    Can you hand-express milk? It makes things a lot easier than dealing with a pump.

ETA: I am in awe of you new mothers who go back to work so soon. I don't know how you do it! But if I were you, I'd bug your government for better maternity leave!
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    I bought two sets of horns, etc. with my second baby. Just in case I forgot some, and then I would also have one cleaned and sterilized and ready to go.
    :rambo:
    Amneris wrote:
    Can you hand-express milk? It makes things a lot easier than dealing with a pump.

ETA: I am in awe of you new mothers who go back to work so soon. I don't know how you do it! But if I were you, I'd bug your government for better maternity leave!

Hand expressing milk may be fine for the isolated occasion. Not adequate when you have to pump 3 times a day every day.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

Hand expressing milk may be fine for the isolated occasion. Not adequate when you have to pump 3 times a day every day.

I do it 2-3 times a day at least! The more I do it, the faster it gets.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

ITA.
    :rambo:
    Amneris wrote:

I haven't been able to do this efficiently. Only at night to relieve some pressure. The pump has been great, though. Especially, as Geeky said, doing it 3 times a day, every day. I'm pumping right now! :afro:

On the materniy leave thing, yeah. It sucks. I'm exhausted all the time. Since I returned to work, I feel as tired as I did during the first few weeks at home with the baby. And I had just started getting more consistent sleep. I would have had two more weeks, but I took two weeks before he was born, because we were moving, so I didn't really feel that either of us were ready. But we do what we have to do.
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

Off-topic, but if you are having oversupply issues, why are you hand expressing 2-3 times a day?

geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

Off-topic, but if you are having oversupply issues, why are you hand expressing 2-3 times a day?

I am just too uncomfortable if I don't (went a week without it which was torture) and now I am donating milk to a woman I know and also making sure I have enough in reserve for JJ.

.png

534Pm5.png

• geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

I was able to do this pretty effectively on a few occasions, but not everyone can--just like some people can't get anything out when they use a pump.
    gemini wrote:
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

I was able to do this pretty effectively on a few occasions, but not everyone can--just like some people can't get anything out when they use a pump.

Ah, OK. I was just wondering - because it's worth trying for backup.
    I do NOT like pumping, and hand-expressing is so easy for me, so I could see it going the other way too.

Anyway, I hope it worked out for you, fuzzbucket!

.png

534Pm5.png

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:
    geeky wrote:
    Amneris wrote:

I am just too uncomfortable if I don't (went a week without it which was torture) and now I am donating milk to a woman I know and also making sure I have enough in reserve for JJ.

I'm so glad you found someone to donate to! It's too valuable a resource to let it go to waste! :cheers:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Registered Users Posts: 1,955
    I just wanted to put don't feel too stupid here's what happened to me. I went shopping in the city one day with mother-in-law and sis-in-law and took my pump with me so i could pump at some point that day well when i went to pump i had forgotten the little white flappy things that go on the the horns yeah amazingly those little things are really important.. So I spent the rest of the day in pain and even had to squeeze some out in a restroom sink... fun times
    Mm59.jpg.png

.png

.png
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I thought I had left my horns and valves in the fridge

You keep the horns in the fridge??? ooooo...chilly....

I like a thrill! :afro:

Just kidding. If you refridgerate them, you don't have to clean between sessions.
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    fuzzbucket wrote:

Just kidding. If you refridgerate them, you don't have to clean between sessions.

Really? I never heard that, but I guess it makes sense. I always just gave mine a rinse and called it good, but my pumping room had a sink.
    fuzzbucket wrote:

Really? I never heard that, but I guess it makes sense. I always just gave mine a rinse and called it good, but my pumping room had a sink.

Yeah, I have a sink, but it is stopped up and our cleaning crew is busy with our school's Presidential Inauguration this week. :king: That's how all this craziness got started.

I do it at home, sometimes, if I know I'm going to be pumping a couple of times.
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file