a couple questions (nursing bras and wiggly babies)

mayimmayim Registered Users Posts: 2,301
when do you all think i should get a couple of nursing bras? what size should i get?

i am a 36c and though my boo-bahs have gotten much more plump, my current bras are still working out okay ... but i'm about to hit the 4 month mark, and i thought it might be a good idea to start thinking about investing something more supportive, and then i'd have them for nursing later, too.

also - when did all y'all first feel the baby move?

thanks in advance! (i'm sure i'll have a ton more questions as time rolls on lol).

m
coarse, thick 3a
modified cg

weight.png

Comments

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Hmmm.. I didn't buy nursing bras till right before I had Chas. I just bought a couple of regular bras only bigger to get me through most of the pregnancy.

I personally would wait till right before...then you'll get a better idea of how big you will be before your milk comes in.

I felt Chas move around 17 weeks. I could only feel him when I ate gummy bears. I guess it was the sugar shock. It felt like gas bubbles at first...then I realized it was the little guy. :D I miss that feeling sometimes.
  • jcejce Registered Users Posts: 512 Curl Connoisseur
    I'd wait until right before too. I also just got some regular ones in a bigger size to get through most of the pregnancy.

As far as moving, I don't remember with the first one (bad mommy!) but this one started around 18 weeks. Very faint at first, but getting stronger by the day. It is a pretty cool feeling. Until they start stomping on your bladder.
    3b/c normally, 3a/b in the winter

• geekygeeky Registered Users Posts: 4,995
    I would also say wait a bit with the bras.

First time I did not feel any movement until something like 21 or 22 weeks. This time I felt it at 15.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    You'll want your nursing bras to fit just right, so I would wait until just before (or even just after) having the baby to buy those.

But, you may want to invest in a couple of good bras just to get you through pregnancy. My breasts were very heavy with my first pregnancy and I wore sports bras 24/7 for a while because I needed the support.

Comfort is so important when you are pregnant so I think a good bra and underwear and pjs are a worthy expense.

I felt my first baby move around 19 weeks. It was later in the day of my "big" u/s. So maybe I had felt him before but I didn't really clue in to what it was until after seeing him flop around in the u/s.

This time I can't remember when I felt the baby for the first time (how embarrassing is that - it couldn't have been more than 2 months ago!)

• AmnerisAmneris Registered Users Posts: 15,117
    I got my nursing bras a week or two before I delivered, and during pregnancy I mostly wore sports bras for support.

I felt the baby move at about 15 weeks, very faintly.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• KristaRoseKristaRose Registered Users Posts: 546
    I wore nursing bras for a very short time after having had my baby. But I found them to be quite awkward. After a month or two, I switched to sports bras and HIGHLY recommend them vs. nursing bras because you can easily pull them up for easy access for baby.
    3B
    Growing out from a pixie cut. Long process but I'm getting there.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't bought any nursing bras yet because I've already changed bra sizes three times this pregnancy and don't know if they're done growing yet. I think I will probably buy one nursing bra when I get close to delivery and then buy the rest of them a few weeks after I deliver.

I felt little kicks here and there starting around 17 weeks, but I wasn't always sure it was the baby. I didn't feel him every day until 19 weeks.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I think I will probably buy one nursing bra when I get close to delivery and then buy the rest of them a few weeks after I deliver.

This is a good idea. You can buy a nursing bra that is like a sports bra with no hooks in the back but hooks in the front for easy access. It's very comfortable for sleeping in. I wore mine the first few weeks when I was at home.
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    I felt movement around 18 weeks--nothing big, just that little bubble sensation

I bought bras afterwards--my ribs expanded because I carried high. I wanted my body to shift back into place before I bought my nursing bras. In the time when I didn't have the bras, I wore nursing camis.
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    If you buy them now, keep in mind that your breasts can grow up to a cup size when your milk comes in. So, even if youget some now, you might end up getting more after baby arrives.
    :rambo:
  • mayimmayim Registered Users Posts: 2,301
    thanks for all your replies everyone, they've been helpful!

(:

m
    coarse, thick 3a
    modified cg

weight.png

• rainshowerrainshower Registered Users Posts: 4,420
    i got mine after my milk came in (you can't predict how large your breasts will become, so it's best to wait and just wear a sports bra until you can get fitted for a nursing bra.). both times, my breasts ballooned to full, round Ds. my mom bought me the kind that buckled in front.

she also bought me a nursing pajama short set, where the top had pleats that hid the easy-access slits. i LOVED that top.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    The earliest I've felt movement was around 15-16 weeks.

I'd hold off on the nursing bras. My milk really came in after I had the baby. I could not have anticipated how large they got with baby #1.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Registered Users Posts: 3,530 Curl Neophyte
    I forgot to add that you can buy bra band "extenders" at most maternity stores that allow you to use your own bras even as you widen in the rib cage.

• geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    medussa wrote:
    The earliest I've felt movement was around 15-16 weeks.

I'd hold off on the nursing bras. My milk really came in after I had the baby. I could not have anticipated how large they got with baby #1.

Same here. Each of those suckers was almost the size of my head (I wish I could say I'm kidding) for the first few days. OUCH.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    I haven't bought any nursing bras yet. I'm actually a bit scared to imagine how big the girls will get when engorged with milk, as they are pretty hefty at the moment (I'm wearing a size E right now). I bought 3 really comfy maternity bras (not nursing bras) from Mimi Maternity and they have been wonderful - I've worn them my whole pregnancy. My breasts haven't really grown since the initial growth spurt, but I don't know if that's how it is for everyone.

I first felt movement a bit before 15 weeks, but I didn't start feeling daily movement until around 20 weeks. It was very sporadic before then.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file