We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Getting curls up to roots, frizz

cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 176Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
The most successful way I get curls towards the roots is 1/2 conditioner ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]aloeba[/buylink]) and 1/2 water in a small spray bottle. Spritz on hair as needed, usually after hair is dry. This also helps with frizz. Maybe I don't leave in enough conditioner, but I have decent curl at the ends. Works especially well with my left side, that doesn't curl up as well as the right side. Be careful, there are a lot of threads that warn against watering down products, so make in small batches.
Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    The most successful way I get curls towards the roots is 1/2 conditioner ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]aloeba[/buylink]) and 1/2 water in a small spray bottle. Spritz on hair as needed, usually after hair is dry. This also helps with frizz. Maybe I don't leave in enough conditioner, but I have decent curl at the ends. Works especially well with my left side, that doesn't curl up as well as the right side. Be careful, there are a lot of threads that warn against watering down products, so make in small batches.

Hey, great minds....I do this too. I use a very small travel size bottle :D For me it helps with canopy frizz. I think rinsing upside down etc makes it hard for me to get good product distribution there. Also, just stumbled across this one on accident. CK smoothed over canopy and the scrunched on dry hair works well for frizz too :D
  • DancingbadgerDancingbadger Posts: 136Registered Users
    Interesting. I have trouble with most co's because my hair gets weighed down so easily. If I use to much, my hair won't curl.

I have put a little conditioner mixed with my gel after it's dry and that gets some of the frizz down.
    My hair is a mix of 2b/3a and even a bit of 3b thrown in! I would call my hair wavycelli. It curls most when I leave it alone after wet scrunching. My hair has a spring factor of about 2 or 3 inches and has a very silky, medium texture.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file